Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think its a lack of people not fishing... But seriously, has everyone gotten that pissed over TF that they're not posting anymore? I realize that I don't post often, its a time issue for me, but I get a lot of intel on what's going on out there. Can everyone please stop the bickering and bad mouthing and start posting some reports.

For what its worth, I have had a decent season considering the late start, jellies and dirty water. Everything we have caught have been around the anchored ships off of Annapolis nearest the mouth of the Severn River. Caught 1 on opening day 35 1/2", 6 total the following weekend: 34-36-37-38 & 2-39's and 3 last weekend. A 34-35 & 37. Gonna hit em again this weekend and hope to come out big again!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Think many are getting skunked and feel it is not worth reporting. Often though - some info even from a skunk report.

Hopefully more reports will be coming as size limit changes and folks are more likely to catch.

·
Registered
547 Posts
It has become very difficult to post fishing reports without someone complaining about all that's wrong with your report or style of fishing, even innocent comments that are meant in a reminder way or jovial manner get taken out of context. The written word is hard to decipher. It would be nice if everyone would just say thanks or nothing at all. (I'm guilty of this)

As for the fish, there are fish to be had. It requires more knowledge, networking, and time than it did just 10 years ago. However, there's still enough fish to have fun with. Those anchored ships have been good over the years.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've been out each weekend and dealt with jellies the entire time. My buddy came to the conclusion we suck at trolling. I told him we are going to start sitting outside the entrance to SP and wait for Skip :fishing2:

I'm switching over to live/cut bait and light tackle.

How's your Sea Hunt for kids and wife? Does it have a porta-potti? Do you do LT off of it at all? I have a WA and keep thinking about getting a trailer-able CC that is lighter and shallower draft.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha! yeah the Jellies have been brutal! We hardly had any last weekend, so hopefully they're on the way out. I'm trolling this weekend, then we'll probably make the switch over to the cut stuff.

We love our Sea Hunt. Its the 225 Triton with a 150hp Yamaha. We bought it last year with my parents and it has been nothing but awesome! Its great for the kids, lots of room to move around. My wife loves it too, she likes to layout in the front on the big padded cushions plus she likes having the porta-potti (it was one of the selling features for her!) We do all sorts of fishing from it and it works great for all of it. Highly recommended!

I've been out each weekend and dealt with jellies the entire time. My buddy came to the conclusion we suck at trolling. I told him we are going to start sitting outside the entrance to SP and wait for Skip :fishing2:

I'm switching over to live/cut bait and light tackle.

How's your Sea Hunt for kids and wife? Does it have a porta-potti? Do you do LT off of it at all? I have a WA and keep thinking about getting a trailer-able CC that is lighter and shallower draft.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I figured with the wind that it may have slowed things down a touch, but have been surprised not to see anything. The weekends looking decent, so hopefully we'll have one last push!

Skip- Agreed, but it is nice to see where people are fishing and what's working and what's not. Hopefully things will pick -up in the coming weeks! I'm optimistic that we'll have a good summer! Hopefully we wont have the monster Spot that we had last year...

Things have been tough......wind sidelined a few reports that would of been coming this week. Hopefully some good reports from the weekend.
Think many are getting skunked and feel it is not worth reporting. Often though - some info even from a skunk report.

Hopefully more reports will be coming as size limit changes and folks are more likely to catch.

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Being a hero and posting stories and pitchas comes with a price that many don't want to pay.There's lots of great fishing trips going on that you'll never read about.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think there are less because the fishing is poor at best. Went out this afternoon. Trolled for 3 hours around TP. Not even a knockdown. Only a couple of boats out. Few marks on the meter. I'm putting the boards and broomsticks away.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think there are less because the fishing is poor at best. Went out this afternoon. Trolled for 3 hours around TP. Not even a knockdown. Only a couple of boats out. Few marks on the meter. I'm putting the boards and broomsticks away.
I was out at TP this morning and got my limit of 3... 29", 41", 41".... Bait was hard to come by, but once I found it the hits happened within the time it disappeared on the FF.

All on 9" baits... All chartreuse... All 60-80' off the boards.

Hoping they stay around for next week...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
There is normally a lull right after the spawn. The big fish are leaving and the others are just getting to their summer haunts. The perch are doing the same and the croakers are just starting to bite. Spot will be here soon and hopefully the crabs.

I think I heard the male rock are enjoying a smoke and a cup of coffee after all of that lovemaking.

Tight lines to all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea mid May tends to be a weird transition period. The trophy fish are thinning out, and the school sized fish haven't started congregating in numbers. Plus you have to deal with may worms at times. I have definitely had more bad days in Mid-may than good days fishing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts