Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get a lap top and all I can find is Vista and I've heard horror stories about it ,any ideas where I can get a reasonable price on a lap top with XP or some thing better than Vista

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Delll's still selling laptops with Xp until June.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
In actuality Vista is the future but I say if you are going to learn a new operating system why not learn Leopard, Apple's OS??? It blows away an other product... I mean really it is beyond compare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
XP Notebooks

I agree with the recommendation to go with a Mac. I am a computer 'weenie' and use everything you can think of including Mac, Windows, & Linux machines. All have something to offer but in my experience the Mac is truly the most seamless and problem free -- that's not to say you will never have a problem with a Mac.
However, if you are intent on buying a Window XP system then "Google" using the 3 words acer xp notebook or the 2 words xp notebook. You will find a bunch of links to notebooks available with XP installed on them. After June 2008, there will be no more coming into the channel. But, there may still be many available.
:thumbup: http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
773 Posts
I bought an iMac for the house because of Vista and VERY happy I did. For what it's worth we are still using XP at work because of Vista's issues.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
As someone said Vista is the future and you might as well climb aboard. I got it for the first time about 6 months go. I had been on XP for years. I did not like it at first mainly because I could not do things as fast as I use to. Mostly user error and just not knowing how the OS worked. I am use to it now and have no problems. You will find that ultimately you will have to upgrade to Vista so might as well get started now and I think you will find it fine.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I upgraded from a 6 year old pc to vista last summer. I laugh every time I hear someone say that vista sucks and has many problems because it has worked flawlessly for me. It looks to me like upgrading an existing pc causes problems for some reason, while most people buying a new pc with vista seems to be pleased.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am on my second Vista. My computer has a drinking problem. Had too much wine in the key board. I wanted a Mac, but could not come up with the cabbage. Did a little more research. Buy all the ram you can get. Stll need to be around $800.00 - $1000.00. My other computer struggled because Vista prettty much had it maxed out. That's why they want to lock-up. My new one is an HP. So far very pleased, however if you can step up to the plate...Go Mac.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Go Mac or Go home!

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
I have had Vista for four months now without any problem that I can discern (I know very little about computers, so maybe some lurking problem is going unnoticed :eek:). I made sure to get 4 gigs of memory, however, have a quad-core processor and top-end vid card, which I understand helps a lot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts