Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought with the fall trolling season about to go in high gear, this would be an interesting/educational thread. Please give lure Length, Weight (in line if used), Color and distance set back. I got butterflies just thinking about the BIG BOYS this fall.:thumbup: Capt. Ken

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
I like a 13/0 Cripple Alewive rigged with a 2 - 6 oz parachute ran back 320 feet off a center rigger.

Early I use chartruse spoon and parachute but later in December I'll switch to a polished gold CA with a white parachute.

The big Bunker spoons see action- I like silver or white on a noodle rod and wire-back 150 feet or so.

Daisy chains (Warren's baitshop in Glen Burnie) seem to always catch a few huge Rock on my boat every year.I run these off the planer boards or on a downrigger.

The good old 20 oz MoJo on wire line back 75 - 100 feet gets hit alot.

You go over a school of Rock in the winter -they will hit most everything you have out.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
White 4oz or 7oz parachute with 9" shad solo way back at 20-25 bars on a 330gti with 30lb diamond line is always hot. Also a white umbrella cannot be beat out 50-75' with 16-20oz inline.

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
27 sailfish - how is the CA rigged with the parachute are you talking in tandem or as one lure? is the CA attached behind the chute?

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
I start with a 3/0 heavy duty three way swivel.I tie 6 feet of 60 lb. clear Ande mono to one leg.This carries the parachute (which acts as a weight) ;-).

Next I use a Sampo ball bearing 100lb test snap swivel- then 15 feet of 60lb leader.A Sampo 100 lb test BB swivel is tied on.Be sure the fat end faces the rod.This helps keep out debri that can foul a swivel.From there tie on another 15 feet of leader and then the spoon.I like to add a second split ring to the spoon or you can use a HEAVY DUTY snap - not snap swivel.

Let this rig out S L O W L Y and pause it every now/then. Be prepared for a strike letting this out ;-).If it is not too crowded - try trolling a very lazy S type pattern.This puts the spoon in "clean" water the boat did not disturb.

I rig a rod with 300 feet of braid backed up with 200 yds of 50lb mono.It is easy to let out all 300 feet- then another 20 feet or so.This way back rod gets hit alot.The spoon gets the bigger fish while the smaller parachute catches dinner Rock :thumbup:.

Please let the Rock over 40 inches go :yes:.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now they are some PRETTY chutes:clapping2:! Do you run mostly single or tandem?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
i run my chutes tandem and on more than one occassion ive doubled up on em...heavier lure 5 ft leader and lighter lure 9 ft:yes::bigfish:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
you are one twisted individual with WAY to much time on your hands.......I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!:D:Dboy your mom had her hands full with you when you were young:D:D

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
:cool2:you to mike B .......thirty beers later well break and run to the computers for some good ol fashion raggin......

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike, I have to agree:yes:. You have way TOO much time on your hands. Try the "Salisbury Help Wanted" adds;-). If that don't work, I'm fishing Mon-Tue-Wed next week, call me:rockon:. Capt. Ken

·
Registered
988 Posts
20 oz mojo rigged in tandem with a umbrella rig back 75-100'

mojo on 6' leader umbrella on 12' leader. I pull this spring and fall

Shawn F

1 - 20 of 41 Posts