Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Spring everyone.

I'm a little behind on the boat maintenance as I just caught my first keeper kid in December, a healthy baby boy. :bigfish: :clap: Everyone is healthy....mom and dad are sleep deprived....

Since there is no need to further explain why I'm behind, I was wondering what wax people preferred to use on their boats. I've been using Colllinite Wax, but I've seen a lot of advertisements for 3M's Marine Wax. Is it any good? What about any of the teflon enriched products? How well do they work/wear?

Hopefully the mild weather will give me a chance to not only wax the boat, but wet a line as well.....I feel the need for pullage.....

Cheers

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
3M's products are good, but I haven't found anything that stays on and holds up as well as Collinite. It's not the easiest to use, maybe that's why it sticks so well.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about Collinite so you can't go wrong there. As for myself, I have used the 3m Marine wax since my boat was new (3.5 yrs) and have been pleased with the results.
I usually wax once in the spring and then again in the fall and the boat looks great.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
"caught my first keeper kid"

Nice going Jo!

Nice catch! I suppose you'll try to hit the flats just to get a break from diaper duty.
Great to hear your news.

I'm with you on the boat condition - mine's on the trailer and hasn't been used in a year.
Will see you out there someday.

Bob

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bob. Yes, I am always looking for a reason to hit the flats...diaper duty seems like a good enough one :) I'll send you and the rest of the MobJack crew a link to the web page I put together for him. With family all over the world it's been the easiest way to share pictures. Hey, how is your boy (send me an email or bmail).

Lucian,

Is Waxing Friendly the brand? Never heard of it. I don't know if you remember, but we met at the tunnel one weekend Rockfishing. I was on Glen Watkins Glacier Bay...fishing was slow...I think that's why we were chatting stern to stern.

Thanks for the posts....

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Lucian,

Is Waxing Friendly the brand? Never heard of it. I don't know if you remember, but we met at the tunnel one weekend Rockfishing. I was on Glen Watkins Glacier Bay...fishing was slow...I think that's why we were chatting stern to stern.

Thanks for the posts....
Here's the link. I had a sample and waxed my boat, the stuff is easy and SLICK, it's even safe on Eisenglass.

Waxing Frenzy!

I am going to get a couple more bottles SOON.

·
Registered
334 Posts
PointinDog

Congrats to you and Mom on your new baby boy.

I use Garry's Royal Satin, the liquid kind. Also use Woody's Wax in the cockpit and on the aluminum t-top, etc.

Do you run Pointin'Dogs? I have an English pointer ***** who's getting up in years, and am looking for a pup if I can find a good candidate for a gun dog (no field trial speed demons!) If you know of anybody, pls shoot me a bmail on that.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
I strongly recommend Collinite # 885, I use 3m Finess(WHITE) if fiberglass is not chalked,just dirty and then apply #885. I have found to take off, a rough cotton towel works best.Heavy chalk,I use 3m(brown).I also use on vehicles,nothing better.PERIOD.West now stocks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.