Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a Fishing trip with Captain Frank Ciurca "Capt Frank on the TF Boards at a CCA banquet. Frank has recently retired and moved to Port Charlotte area of Florida and is now guiding down there.
This past week we were in Florida, we had arranged to take our trip with Capt Frank while there.

Due to circumstances beyond his control Capt Frank did not have a boat, Frank could have called us and told us of his dilemma and we would have understood and rescheduled the trip. Instead, Capt. Frank arranged with another Guide, a friend of his to take us out.

Remember this was a trip that Frank donated to the CCA and now was hiring another guide to take us fishing.

His friend and fellow guide Fishinfrank, yes two Franks is a long time backcountry guide and one heck of a nice person. Fishinfrank and Capt Frank put us into some of the best backcountry water fishing I have ever seen! If you are in the Port Charlotte area and want to find fish give Capt. Frank or Fshinfrank a call you will not be disappointed. www.saltflyfish.com www.fishinfranks.com

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
HI Ken,

How are you all doing? :D

Capt Frank doesn't know me from Adam. But, has on several occasions taken his time to give me advice on pier/pier building/permits information. He has been very helpful over the last couple of yrs and even called me from Fl. with info.

I'll definitely look him up when I get down that way.
:D
PS good luck at the flats :D

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Hey Ken, Diane
Glad you had a good time. Fishin Frank is one of a kind. What did you think of the ghost fish? Most people wont know what we're referring to. :cool2:

Probably will have a 22 Shearwater, am negotiating with the Co as I write. Anyway, hope you can make it down in June for some tarpon fishing, your on with both Frank and I. Good luck on the flats, will miss that for sure.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frank,

The ghost fish are something I’ll never forget; until you see it for yourself you wouldn’t believe they existed :eek:

All we talked about on the way back to the room was coming down in June; as much as I hate to say it we will probably skip Montana this year and visit the Port Charlotte area again in June.

After we left you we headed to the Keys and Islamorada, stayed at Bud & Mary’s and saw a ton of baby tarpon: I can’t wait to get back down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts