Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just got my spread all rigged and ready today. When will the fish be up by chesapeake beach and bloody point? I know there are fish there now but when will they start to really start coming in?

Ryan

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
There's fish there now.....remember the PSCR rules, 6 rods max and barbs must be mashed down or filed smooth, that's what your old worn-out baits are for....go get 'em!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's fish there now.....remember the PSCR rules, 6 rods max and barbs must be mashed down or filed smooth, that's what your old worn-out baits are for....go get 'em!
Awesome. Do the barbs really matter that much? Like does it hurt my chances of landing a fish in regular season if I cut the barbs off my new gear for preseason?

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Awesome. Do the barbs really matter that much? Like does it hurt my chances of landing a fish in regular season if I cut the barbs off my new gear for preseason?
Ryan, I don't see where the barbs are that much help as long as you keep pressure on the line. I think barbs are more to hold bait on..........Gary

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Barbs-

Barbless hooks Hold if Ya KEEP A TIGHT LINE---The REASO I HATE EM they penatrate Deeper & in a Upper mouth hook up & it Penatrates the Brain & Kills the Pregnant Mother & her Eightmillion, 4 hundred Thirteen Thousand & 92 BABIES, As Gary says Barbs help keep Penatraction Down -

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I am blocking my boat this weekend. Installing a new bilge pump, puttin on a fresh coat of bottom paint, and possibly goin out for a little afternoon fishin if everything goes smoothly with the boat.
Let me know if anyones going to be out there on sunday
Ryan

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
One thing to remember - fish are cold blooded and in cooler water are slower.

I often keep the trolling speed under 3 knots in March.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
everybody wants to go but for me two more weeks its getting close its too early for trolling good luck
You're probably right...I think everyone should wait till opening day or a few days after that to take their boats out...:eek2:

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I think I"d run 1 board also, 4 board rods and two to cover deeper marks you might run across. Adjust your lure depths to bump your lures off the heads of the deeper fish. Good luck Ryan and be safe.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Barbless hooks Hold if Ya KEEP A TIGHT LINE---The REASO I HATE EM they penatrate Deeper & in a Upper mouth hook up & it Penatrates the Brain & Kills the Pregnant Mother & her Eightmillion, 4 hundred Thirteen Thousand & 92 BABIES, As Gary says Barbs help keep Penatraction Down -
On it's surface, that statement makes no sense. Is there a study or something that explains how barbs keep penetration down?

By pure experience, I think we can all say that barbs are much more damaging to the fish's tissues and require more damage when being removed.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Paxfish....I think he's refering to a barbless hook penetrates deeper easily and therefore could possibly penetrate the roof of the mouth hitting the brain. However I think that's a long shot compared to the damage a barb does everytime.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.