Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a little antsy waiting for warmer weather and the first report of Stripers being caught on the flats.:rockingreport: Who's going to be the first to report a biggun caught?:bigfish:

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
I know who it is not going to be.

In past years I have spent too many hours in that mud pit practicing wishful thinking. I am not putting my boat in the slip this year until a fish has been caught on lures or flies. Then I will hit it hard.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Noone whants to catch some fish more than me but there's no way I'm dealing with cold muddy water right now. I think by next weekend if we stay on a warming trend the bait guys will start to pick them up. Then about another week or so later a few will be caught on lures. The only way I'm going up there before then is to help my buddy break in the new offshore rig that's in the works. Until then I'll be tying shark rigs for Mako Mania and dreaming of blue water and a hot topwater bite in 2 foot of water.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Hey Hank-

I know. I know.

Capt Mike usually knows when the first fish is caught on the flats on bait and then on lures as the water warms. Like was suggested, go to Northeast and get a haircut or some lures and you will get it from the "horse's mouth".:rockon:

Your best bet now is to head that rocket southwest and look for turbulent water.:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
If I know Pete he won't fish until it's worth a trip for his cutomer. Lets just hope it gets clear and warm without anymore setbacks. I vowed to never do it but this offseasoon has been so painful I might resort to bait and cirlces if something does'nt hapen soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts