Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was curious who will give into the addiction first. I know that I was originally going to go for the first time on May 26th. That changed two weeks ago when I when I was staring at my crabbing gear in the garage to the 19th. Now I'm trying to figure out how far south I will need to drive on 12th for my first trip of the year.
How early will your first trip be this year???????

·
Registered
229 Posts
When the rockfish migration is done I start crabbing! Once I start getting out on the water I am out every weekend (this weekend will be my first fishing trip this year). I just switch from fishing to crabbing:D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If the weather holds, I am going trotlining the 3rd & 4th weekend of April for pleasure. After that I will be dumping pots in the 1st week of May.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
It is never soon enough. But, with my schedule and spring fishing trips, my target date is looking like Memo day weekend. I know it is late but that life. When retired, well.

No biggie though, crabbing on Memo day weekend where I crab isnt bad because there isnt many crabs in that area anyway. I just go out and drowned nx in topless ctpx, fish a little, have a few brews, let the boys have fun out on the island, yatta.
Hey, I gotta be somewhere right?

Good luck to all crabbers!

DB

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am gonna try the first weekend of May down the Pax River. I can't take it very much longer especially after todays 80 deg. temps.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Well, It would have been Easter weekend, but my company is sending me to Texas next week and I won't be back until Friday night late. Probably the last weekend of April. I crab on teh Chincoteague bay though and it starts there earlier than on CB.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I always go the first Sunday in June. Through a big party with a bunch of beer and call off sick to work the next day. After 15 years of doing this you would think work would be on to me!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Piss on work. I am going crabbin.

There are stickers out that say this. Just like the Piss on Ford, Piss on Chevy ones.

:cool:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Piss on work. I am going crabbin. :cool:
couldn't agree more, except work usually calls while I'm crabbing.

I usually take my first trip on the same day as the Naval Academy Graduation. I generally get 3/4 to a basket and get to watch them fly over on their way to the show, see the higher parts of their routine and watch 'em fly back. (How many now know exactly where my first trip of the year is?)

·
Registered
667 Posts
I usually start after the trophy season but I blew the motor in my 23'er and sold her. Guess I'll be crabbing ealier this year. When do they start in the Pax or on the Tred?
Mike

·
Banned
186 Posts
.......construction well through the Spring. I won't even think about starting to crab until at least June 1. Unless a miracle happens or your running pots, a consistent catch above the bridge is tough. I refuse to use traps and can't afford to chase them @ 4 dollars/gallon fuel costs. I'll start when I know I can consistently catch them within 5 gallons of fuel, by boat, from my house. I live on the Patapsco.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts