Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was down Friday and Saturday. We drove down Fri AM and were in the water by 0900. The morning was slow for us but things picked up in the afternoon. We worked the bay side of the 2nd island and had a decent sized pod of fish nearly to ourselves. We tallied a total of 60 fish between the two of us. My guest for the day is somewhat of an amateur so our numbers would have been a little higher if he had a little more sensitive feel for the subtle takes from the fish:))

These weren't fish for the record books. We caught about 8 fish in the 30 inch class, about a dozen that were less than 18 inches and the rest were 22-26 inch footballs. All were caught on 6 inch chartreuse BKDs.

Saturday was a different story. Winds were up quite a bit and we had a bumpy ride to the fourth. The NOAA forecast kept saying 10-15 but we had winds that were every bit of 25. Fished the ocean side of the fourth for a bit and picked up a few 20-22s. Went over to the third and found pretty much the same thing there. After catching a few, what little bite there was evaporated. We headed to the high rise thinking the seas would be a little lighter over there. They were and we tried jigging some of the pilings but had no luck. There was a big cluster of boats just south of the high rise and they were eeling, but we saw no fish boated. Around 1130, we decided we weren't having much fun and the idea of pasta for lunch at Little Italy in Nassawaddox sounded better and better. We were eating garlic bread around 1:00.

Looking forward to this weekend or perhaps Monday of next week.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I talked to one of the guides down there a couple days ago and he says they're getting some nice fish. I know some guys down there now but haven't heard back yet. I think it's on.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Another factor in the lack of CBBT reports on the main board may be the incredible fishing right here in the MD-portion of the Bay right now. Why travel 3-4 hours, pay for a hotel, when you can get a great grade of fish (and lots of them) close to home?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote Goose 70: "Another factor in the lack of CBBT reports on the main board may be the incredible fishing right here in the MD-portion of the Bay right now. Why travel 3-4 hours, pay for a hotel, when you can get a great grade of fish (and lots of them) close to home?"

That's what I am wondering, stay home instead and go later? It looks like there is an eeling bite but the big numbers for LTJ guys are just not there.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
We fished all day saturday - left the house at 2:30 AM and got home at 10:00 or so. It was the worst day we've ever had down there. We got the **** beat out of us in the morning (weatherman was WRONG about the temp, the wind, and the waves) and caught one fish on the corner of the 4th island in the first several hours of fishing. We looked at almost every piling on both spans, and didn't mark a single rockfish on any of the pilings. There was a TON of bait all over the bridge, but not many fish. We finally found a small school of small fish behind the 4th island, and picked up a dozen or so fish, the largest being 27 inches. Those days will keep a man humble... but I left my boat down there confident of a return trip in the near future.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I was thinking there would be a few more reports from the CBBT as well. I'm heading down to fish this Friday and Saturday, hope the wind forecast for Friday lays down some.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to give a rocking report after the weekend. Heading down Friday to fish Saturday and Sunday. Saturdays weather looks very good at this point. Anyone else headed down this weekend?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to give a rocking report after the weekend. Heading down Friday to fish Saturday and Sunday. Saturdays weather looks very good at this point. Anyone else headed down this weekend?
Not this weekend, but I'm sure we'd all love a report on the traffic situation at the ramp and on the water over a weekend.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
CBBT is now closed for Rockfish try back in April when the big fish show up.:D

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like my 4 day trip will be condensed to Saturday only with the wind forecast for Fri/Sun/Mon.

And that my friends is fishin' at the CBBT...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts