Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that the macks are feeding up shallow above the deoxygenated bottom. Also, the grass minnows are all over the creeks and top water around Windmill Point. I am scoring macks and nice one pound blues by trolling silver green flash clarks up high using four ounce inline sinkers with ten foot mono leaders about sixty feet astern. I use five passes of the reel bail to guage the distance. the inlines let me troll in shallow water, 15 to 20 feet all around windmill and little bay without snagging bottom or grass. Planers were getting to be a pain. also, when I see birds working the blues, i can speed up without bringing in the inlines. There, the secret is out. Go get 'em. there are plenty for everyone but you have to work for them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice to talk with you again Ginger. We were mostly trying to get the scum off the bottom this AM-when you saw us we were drifting in an area where we've caught some nice Flounder in the past. No go on that. Tks for giving away all your secrets-but-I bet you got some more in your book of tricks. Sherry says Hi! Cleaned about 60 Spot on Sat. from Butlers fishing on a friends boat-in 2 hours fishing time.

Mac

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ginger thnks for the tips, we scored on some macks at the point today and some really nice BIG blues. most were caught in the 16-20' range. nice day out there today.

PEPSI MAN

·
Registered
131 Posts
Fished Friday for Spanish using planers with and gold clarkes with no luck. Heard from a guy that porpoises were all over Windmill the night before so I figured they chased the spanish off. I will try your method next weekend. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Trolled 5 hours on Saturday from Buoy 62 to NNReef. Five lines out with planer loaded with Clark Spoons. No Spanish, but did manage to catch 3 big blues and 3 small rock. The Spanish are not here yet. Sunday Croaker fished catching 25 big fish. 10 throwbacks.

Pepsi - heard you calling, but you couldn't hear me answer. Made a radio check and 3 other answered me. Your radio was not receiving or your squelch was turn to far down.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went today and got three nice spanish and about a million blues. The blues were hitting even as I sped up. The water was F L A T today, hardly a ripple. Had a good time and will be going back to Windmill again soon.

·
Registered
702 Posts
LB, yeah I heard you answer back but it was really hard to hear ya. Think it was a good distance for my tiny radio to be heard. Have to catch up and NAIL EM like that time up your way a couple years ago.

peps

·
Registered
702 Posts
LB, yeah I heard you answer back but it was really hard to hear ya. Think it was a good distance for my tiny radio to be heard. Have to catch up and NAIL EM like that time up your way a couple years ago.

peps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts