Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can remember back a couple years ago fishing in October and November and catching tons and tons of seatrout, especially under the breaking schools of striped bass. This year, I haven't heard any mention of sea trout. Is the warm weather delaying the fishing? Is this just a bad year? Any responses would be appreciated.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Weve had two bad years in a row now; the trout arent lookin too good again this year- its still a little warm for everything right now, but the spring and summer werent lookin good for the trout- once the temps finally drop, there should be some around, but not like a few years ago [sad]
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
195 Posts
ASMFC is looking into the problem right now. Don't be surprised to see a real reduction in the numbers that we are allowed to take in the future. Right now there has been a real reduction in the numbers that we are finding. Nature has a way of solving the problem. Let's hope she does so quickly.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Last Friday caught about 25 at the mouth of Corrotoman River, about half were keepers, biggest about 2 lbs. Jigging spoons.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Just got back from Hatteras - the inlet area and up and down the beach from the inlet are jusrt paved with 1 lb. - 4 lb. greys.

Hopefully some cooler weather wil get them going in the Bay.

·
Registered
320 Posts
We were hell on the weakies Sept 02 in round bay on the Severn. Never thought you could catch them that far north...under the dink rockfish would be grey's to 18". lots of fun

·
Registered
53 Posts
BobG, can you give me some info on how and where you caught to trout on the Corrotoman? I'm new to the area and am looking for tips. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts