Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

I have a busy fishing weekend. I am going to try and hit some perch and/or possibly check out a report I got this morning about some bigger Stripers under gannets in the lower middle bay area. I need to get my new trim tab and trolling motor on before I splash the boat so we will see how that goes. Shooting for this stuff on Sunday.

Tomorrow, Saturday, I will be at the Canyon Runners Offshore Seminar Series being held in Annapolis. I heard some really good things about this event and Adam from Canyon Runner is a Tidal Fish supporter/advertiser so I want to support his events. They have some great speakers I am excited about: Dennis Braid from Braid Tackle will be presenting breakout sessions on fighting big fish on stand-up tackle. Dennis Braid is hands down one of the pioneers in stand-up fishing and an innovator in the industry. Capt. Len Belcaro, one of the first to bring satellite water temperature shots to sport fishermen, will present his own breakout sessions on reading and fishing offshore eddies and temperature breaks. Finally, Basil Pappas from Wind-Ons by Basil™ and BHP Tackle will show you how to fish and rig spectra, wind-ons, and top shots. Basil is at the top of the class when it comes to rigging top-shots and utilizing spectra in your arsenal.

I think there might be a few spots left. To book your tickets ($110/person) ($95/peson in Annapolis, MD) please call 732-842-6825 or send an email to [email protected]. I would probably call today if you are interested. You can pay with your Visa or Mastercard.

If you are going to hit the water, you might want to check out my Weekly Fishing Report for this week by CLICKING HERE. Also included if you want to watch it is my VideoCAST Fishing Report for this week. I take all the reports from my network, Tidal Fish, MD DNR, Tackle Shops and Guides and put them in one spot on a weekly basis for you. I also added a bunch of useful links on that page.

As a note, we have other weekly reports such as this one for Maryland, all located on our Homepage. Virginia, Florida, North Carolina (coming this season) and the Northeast (coming this season)

I hope everyone has a great fishing weekend!

Brandon

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm hoping to catch a few at Mason Springs (Charles County) in the early morning before a gathering of Southern Maryland anglers descends for another round of work. Mason Springs was purchased by a group of angler who wanted to keep this gem open to the public. Since they completed the purchase a few years ago they have improved the parking lot, removed tons of trash and this weekend will start the work in stabilizing the location with the planting of twenty additional trees. If your in the area stop by and say high

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
I'm heading to Breezy Point and trying off Parkers creek.Water up here near the bridge is still muddy.Only 30 minutes differance on the trailer.The gannets never lie-I hope to find them.Watch the weather on Sunday-looks brutal.Canyon runner does a great seminar. Skip

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Being retired I try to stay off the water on weekends.:thumbup: Tue, Wed, & Thurs. are my big fishing days. I'll be perchin' somewhere on the ES next week.:clap:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is Know One Trying The Flats, Need A Report So I Can Find Them On Monday !! I Know The Water Is Still Wild, Whats New, Its Been That Way The Whole Month, Can't Sit Around Any Longer.. May Go To Deer Creek Today An Try For Hickorys........ Jbrandt

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I will be off all week so i will hopefully post some reports. I will be doing a shakedown for the big boys from the false channell gas docks area. Then I will be perchin and hopefully a day of toggin next week.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll be heading south out of breezy to give trolling a shot for the first time on my own boat saturday. We will see how it goes. I'll be in the CC Grady.
Jason

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Ray and I are headed out Friday at noon to try our luck LTJ and looking for gannetts.
Working on big boat Sat and Sun am fishing the afternoon wx permitting.

Jeff

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Fishing the patapsco river,hope to see the rest of the motley crew out there as well on sat.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Fishing with Steve F and Uncle Phil in the Patapsco S They keep laughing everytime I cast, I think there pointing me towards land. Very rocky and lots of snags HUMMMMMMMMMMMM :cool2:
Mike there probably pointing you to the schools of Permit.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Hey Roger, I think Phill is going to cut one hole in the blindfold but it’s going to be his bad eye….:eek2: We kept telling him to set the hook but he was a little slow on doing it. If you want a good laugh take Mike with ya my sides where killing me after our last trip…:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Going out @ Breezy Point EARLY Sunday W/ my Dad.Been looking forward to this all week and hopeing to get better than personal best @ 34"(I think my chances are good!). JJ

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Saturday I think I am heading over to Swan Point and fish in the muddy water and check out the spread one more time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts