Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I've seen a chunkster or whatever they're called that fit into a rod holder. Does anyone know where I can get one? I saw the one Alltackle had, but that was just the one that sits on top the bucket.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think what you are looking for is called the {chum chucker} it pitches allready cut chunks. The thing that sits on the bucket will actually chop multiple butters into chunks with one pull of the lever. capt macs. in Delaware sells the chopper I believe its around $175 now. Hope this helps, capt.Ken Hotspot Sportfishing OC.MD

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Got mine fron Anglers and it saves LOTS of time and mess.You do have to touchup the blades once and a while.They had at the time the bucket model but I see no reason why a piece of 1 3/8 pipe couldn't be bolted on to that model .:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The best and most economical Tuna Chunkster is the HO. Most are more than willing to scissor them into the correct size, which the Blade chunker isn't the greatest at. With a pair of Sea Scissors a flat can be cut up properly in no time.

The problem arises with an all experienced crew, whereupon everyone pretends to be busy when someone notices the flat needs to be cut up.....

·
Registered
314 Posts
...The problem arises with an all experienced crew, whereupon everyone pretends to be busy when someone notices the flat needs to be cut up.....
That ain't rite TT! Ya blowin' it for bums like me. I cut up enough butterfish all summer, without haven' ta do so on a fun trip.
But I agree, a chunker is a great tool for someone who cuts up 40-80 flats a season. I live by mine. but, if you have an outboard boat or even a small sportboat, its just another piece of equipment that will be used for 10 minutes & then get in the way all day while fishing. not worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I guess I have'nt done it enough because I really don't mind cutting up a flat. Plus it gives me a chance to pick through the butters and pick the nicest ones for bait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts