Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we just had a thread on western shore launches resently, but I can never seem to get anywhere with the search function.

Thanks guys

Bill

·
Registered
829 Posts
Tristate Marina (Old JJ's Tackle) on Highway 256. 1/4 mile south of Happy Harbor Restaurant. I think its $20.00 in and out.

·
Registered
654 Posts
its $15 in and out, That ramp is very steep and short. my rig is only 24' and it was very tough to launch there.
It is. TS puts some big boats in the water there. They are pros though and have it down. I have seen some other folks launching big boats there where I was sure disaster was only moments away.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Unless you have clearance problems with the bridge at Chesapeake Beach, why not use the ramps at Fishing Creek. It's a little further down but a very good facility. I used to keep my Grady there and I only had a problem with the bridge when the high tides caused the clearance to be less than 9.5 feet. My hardtop and electronics set fairly high. Just don't forget to lower your antenna and pull any rods out of a rocket launcher.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I launch my 20' ProKat at JJ's with no problem. You need to be able to back a couple hundred feet and it is a bit narrow. If that is intimidating for you give it a pass. Otherwise, go for it. BTW, there is only enough parking there for 5 or 6 trucks, so get there early on busy days.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It is. TS puts some big boats in the water there. They are pros though and have it down. I have seen some other folks launching big boats there where I was sure disaster was only moments away.
For a minute I thought I was gonna have a disaster on my hands...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts