Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think he'll be like next year with some minerals in him?
I see he still had his head gear last week.

·
Registered
14,331 Posts
They got a good hiding place..........that's why they are so big! Probably nocturnal as all get out. They do mess up a bit during the rut though. Good luck next year.........Gary

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dandy buck there, it would be nice to find the sheds and bag him. That picture is gonna haunt you all year til you get to hunt him. good luck:eek2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great buck and best of luck w/ him next year. Certainly has the potential to be a Booner, probably about 10" or so shy of that right now. Va or Md?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I don't know where they hide either, till I put a trail camera up. From 8Pm to 4 AM constant pictures. 14 different deer, 2 bucks amoung the group. One night, and only 1 night in the last month have I seen them while I was on stand, and then they were out of range, and it was damn near dark anyway. I sat thru that entire week of bitter cold a week back, both morning and eve, never saw a deer. First trail camera I have ever owned, the deer are there just when I'm not. Maybe next year, I'm about wore out. T.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probably on one of those swamp islands!!!!! You know where... Thats a nice one too.. Looks to be 11pts to me..... Just another monster SURRY COUNTY buck...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Next Oct 25th thru nov 10th will be the time. I notice he is scared up from one almost equal, if not bigger. Need some help let me know.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
If I were you I would put some chicken wire between two trees and put some corn on both sides....it's time for big boys antlers to come off now and when he bends down to eat some corn.....off comes the horns..... nice buck...good luck with him next year...hopefully he won't get hit in traffic

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried the chicken wire once with no luck.Maybe I'll try it again.I put up three stakes in a V and put corn in the V with chicken wire on both sides.Maybe try some trees this time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Get a box spring mattress, flip it over so the springs are showing, pour corn or whatever deer bait you want and while the bucks eat out of the box spring their antlers get caught up on the springs and fall out. I tried it two years ago for the first time and I have found 13 different sheds so far doing it this way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
bhamp -- that's a brilliant idea. I've also heard of making a making a triangle with 3 t-posts and then using woven wire to make a VEE. I like your idea better though. I'll assume that the human scent from the mattress didn't bother your deer?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts