Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
darnit.well any way .been buisy with the purchase of a new business.the only good looking days it was to _indy.i am afraid to say it because it might start _lowing again.Were are the fishing reports or are we all fair weather fisher persons?got to be a hidden creek or cove or behind some inlet ,where the fish are still hungry.Hope to finish up the business stuff this week or next week and get back after some thing that will tug harder then a crappie.good luck and hope you all can get a chance to get out this week.look at that forcast hardly no _ain and very little _ind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nothing happening on broad creek. I think the fish have lock jaw after that Nor'easter. Once the water level get's stable again they will probably get over it. Atleast I hope so.
Karl

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rock fish are biting in the Ronoake River!!! Went to plymonth yesterday (4-17-05) and had our limit in an hour (8 fish) all of them between 20 and 22 inches!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey road master .i noticed you said they slowed down behind your house to.I have found this time of year around my holes anyway.that they are just getting real shallow now.i have never fished in broad creek but have heard some really good fishing trips up there.we caught some really ice crapies last week and they were just staring to really gang up around shallow cover.most of them were staged abotu a foot or so off of the cover with a few inside .I was just wondering if it was deep behind your house or if you have a dock or bulkhead they were ganging up on or what?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Richard,
We have a dock but we have been catching the best all along the bank in a little over a foot of water. The fish are on the bed here right now and I've noticed over the years that they don't bite so good on the bed. You can see them swirl off when you walk up to the bank but not really biting so good.
I talked to someone that went out in the creek this morning and he said they do much either. caught a couple small ones along the bank and that was it. The water up in here is real cloudy with silt right now and I have a feeling that has something to do with it as well.
Karl

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kool,karl.i was thinking they should be close in about a foot or so of water.when they crappies spawn here in my neck of the woods is when we wax them.they usually run up and down a bank usually in about a 10 foot or so pattern.early in the morning and late in the afternoon is when they bite best for us.i mean an hour and half before dark and up to about 8:30 in the morning.usually can catch 25 to 30 in a short period of time without moving much more then 10 feet.i snuck out yesterday for some crappie action between chores and caught 25 to 30 but they were all smalll except one female about 2 pounds. she was gonna start laying or bust so i put her back but next week i am going to her house and she is coming to mine.[grin] it was all middle day fishing 10:30 to 3:00 and i have never waxed during those hours.usually get out earlier or stay latter but i had to many commitments yesterday.that warm son sure felt good though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like you had a winning day there Richard. I'm home for a couple days so I hope to get into them. That is if I can persuade myself not to hit the looooonnnnnggggg list of things to do here at the house. Hmmmmmmm decisions, decisions.
Karl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts