Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so me and my wife go out in our fairly new boat, catch croaker allllllll day long. I go out with my brother (same boat) catch sharks allllllllll day long. I then go out with a few buds from work, and caught one Ray, and a few croakers.... Again (good bait size). I've been to 4th island (numerous times) I've gone to back river reef,blue rock reef, Poqouson reef, and the York spit reef(there's no buoy there) and the York light house. I've caught one cobia about 7 yrs ago with some friends. And due to my commitment with the military I've been in the dark. I've been hook since that last cobia. I've done eels croaker spot bunker chum. Am I missing something? I've got patients but the waters not warm forever. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm running with 50lb braided and 80lb leader with number 6 circle hooks (Just want that thrill of the fight back!)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok so me and my wife go out in our fairly new boat, catch croaker allllllll day long. I go out with my brother (same boat) catch sharks allllllllll day long. I then go out with a few buds from work, and caught one Ray, and a few croakers.... Again (good bait size). I've been to 4th island (numerous times) I've gone to back river reef,blue rock reef, Poqouson reef, and the York spit reef(there's no buoy there) and the York light house. I've caught one cobia about 7 yrs ago with some friends. And due to my commitment with the military I've been in the dark. I've been hook since that last cobia. I've done eels croaker spot bunker chum. Am I missing something? I've got patients but the waters not warm forever. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm running with 50lb braided and 80lb leader with number 6 circle hooks (Just want that thrill of the fight back!)
skip the artifficial reefs, Find a nice shoal or hump that comes up to 9-22ft of water. cobia like to push baitfish into the humps. try areas like 9ft shoals, latimer shoal, nautilus shoals, and the middle grounds. all are very large areas that you have look for a good spot on. at the beggining of the summer you can expect to find more cobia around buckroe, grandview, and york spit and im sure there are still a few fish around those area's. good luck be patient.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Time to start checking the buoys as well. Just cast something underneath even if you don't see anything on top. No tower needed, JSB catches plenty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the insight, I did go out tonight only to sit there and watch the sunset with 6 poles three top baits three bottom baits all bunker ( only thing I had today ). Right at the mouth of north end point ( factory point ) . Saw a few rays and just about every porpoise in the bay. Nothing but ya know what, it was worth it the water was calm and if it wasn't for work in the am I'd still be there. Got home tonight and told the wife to prepare for a long trip this Saturday latimer shoals is the first stop. I'm bound and determined to get just one this year. Going with eels and minnows squid bunker chum the hole 9. Just one question tho would you have the coordinates for Nautilus shoals I'm not sure I know where that is? Again thank you. And I will look around the buoys as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts