Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I considered a quick trip this morning, but the fog got thicker over deep water. Looked nice and calm out there though.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Best day I ever had at the CBBT was a day like this. Crossing the channel was a bit of a sphincter clencher, though.
Pat in Joppa

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Just stay home

You should be spending more time at home anyway, this fishing obsession of yours is getting out of hand. If it keeps up we will be considering intervention...

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Fog never stopped me (until last year). Last Dec 14th I had a trip planned out of PLO. I had two friends who I had bragged to about the fishing. When we arrived at PLO you could hardly see 100-200 ft in front of you. We launched because I had been fishing the area frequently and had several marks on my handheld gps. We creeped out of the harbor and SLOWLY headed for the bay. I never left the wheel once that day. Thanks to Skip, we were kept aware of shipping traffic. He would pass the word over the radio as to where the tugs and tankers were and where they were headed. Lots of horns trying to clear boats out of their way. At one point, I had to turn off my motor to try to here ships as I crossed the bay. Once I got to R66 buoy, I knew I could work the deeper water for fish and turn behind the marker for safety when ships approached. I had my buddies put out the lines (something I usually do for acuracy), fight and land the fish, and stay on alert at all times. The fog lifted around 12 or 1 pm and when it did I was amazed at all the boats in the area (something I wasn't aware of). We caught more than our limit of fish that day, but I didn't relax until until I got home and in my easy chair. I fish for fun, and that day was not fun for me. When I look back and think of all the things that could have happened, I thank the Lord for looking out for me that day. I don't think it makes me a wimp to reflect and set new limitations on my abilities. Best of luck to all that decide to brave the elements, stay safe. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hey Pat - I remember that foggy day at the CBBT! :thumbup:

Headed out today in spite of the fog and guess what - couldn't see squat.

Ran to a few choice locations but no one was home so decided to be safe and wait for another day.

The bay seems completely different in the fog... in a good and bad way.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Love that pic...I saved a copy of it for the desktop:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts