Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had very good luck locating good salt water material. Tried Angler's, Bass Pro...
Anyone know the best local shop - would prefer to but locally (Annapolis-Baltimore area). If not, what is a good on-line source. Specifically looking for long bucktails and hooks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
if you are ever in Arlington, Anglers Lie is very good.

Chris Helm, Of Whitetail Fly Tieing Supplies, Sells over the phone, has loads of stuff, very nice guy.

John

·
Registered
38 Posts
I second the recommendation for the Bear's Den and Saltwater Edge. The Edge has some really nice saltwater hackle in novel colors. The Bear's Den has a very extensive assortment of synthetic materials for salt water.

Another place I have had success is http://www.saltwaterflies.com. I bought some very nice small foam popper bodies and hooks from them last winter. Caught tuna on them this past summer.

Unfortunately, I have not had as much success locating salt water materials and DECENT hooks local to Silver Spring, MD.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
Winchester Creek Outfitters.

Very good folks and good selection of materials.

they are in Kents Narrows MD.

This time of year they are holding free fly tying classes every satuday.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Go to the Somerset, NJ Show and stock-up on those hard to find items. Then visit your local Fly Shop once a week (MINIMUM) , for all the extras and some good advice. -TonyH

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I usually stock up at the TieFest. It is sponsored by a TF member here, and attended by lots of TFers. It is being held this year on 24 Feb...not far from Winchester Creek Outfitters. See the TieFest thread here for directions.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have not been there in a couple of years but Tochermen's on Eastern Avn. in Baltimore had a fairly good selection of fly tying stuff. Also an excellent place for full range of fishing stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts