Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old trolling rod (remember when they used to be called Bay rods? :thumbup: ) that belonged to my Grandfather and was passed down to me after his death. My father spent a considerable amount of time R&R'ing the rod before it became mine, but it has taken a beating over the years. So, I would like to have it rebuilt and returned to glory as it is very dear to me.

Can any of you guys recommend someone that can do such a thing? I'm looking to have the rod stripped down to the blank, repainted, rewrapped with new eyes, new reel seat installed, etc. The handle is currently stained wood and I would like to keep that as it's got lots of character.

I'de love to take on the project myself, but unfortunately I don't have the time right now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Check "Steve F" on this board or at Backyard Custom Rods & Repairs He's built a bunch of custom LTJ rods for guys and gals on this board and he's now doing the big sticks (built and rebuilt). He made two for me in February and they are sweeeeet - can't wait to use'em. Great guy totally dedicated to customer satisfaction......Andy

also, if you do a search for custom rods you'll find a bunch of other recommendations for TF'ers from TF'ers.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
414 Posts
You can check out my Dad. He does quality work. From ultra light stuff to Tuna Sticks and Surf Rods. I have a few rods that he has built for me, and they have never let me down.

Mark's Rod and Reel

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
You talking bout our spooning rod? She took a beating at the CBBT this past year :clapping2:

Too bad she didnt have the back bone to pull that big one out of the bridge :eek2:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take a visit to Shore Tackle and Custom Rods over in Grasonville. Bill O'brien is a good guy who will treat you right. He does beautiful work and check out his spiral wrapped rods. In my opinion, you will not find a better person, or deal to take care of this project for you. He guarantees you will be happy with his work!!

Check out his shop:
Shore Tackle and Custom Rods
115 Pullman Crossing Road
Grasonville, MD 21638
410-827-7765
[email protected]
Shore Tackle and custom rods

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'll throw in a vote for Steve. He built a trolling rod for me this winter that I had made for my son and is one of the most beautiful rods I've seen. Steve also rebuilt a couple of others for me, treats every rod like it was his own. Can't go wrong.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
SteveF does great work and is fair.Give him a shout,you wont be disappointed.
He is working on a second LTJ rod for me now.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
where are you located?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Yep Greg...it's the spoonin' rod. Gotta get her fixed up before the next CBBT trip. We're gonna try eeling deep water this year, right?!?!?! She'll have a better chance out there. :yes:

Stevej00, I'm down near Solomons.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I think there are two guys in your part of the world - They advertise and support MSSA - Ken Preston is one guy I think -

1 - 15 of 15 Posts