Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that seems very interested in SC and doesn't really know where to settle. He's moving from Maryland and wants some land that is a reasonable distance from a lake. He almost bought in MARION.....but he would kinda like more hills. Please help!

Tony

·
Registered
576 Posts
If your buddy wants hills, he needs to move to the upstate (above the fall or west of Columbia). He can pick which a chain of lakes controlled by either Duke Energy (and their real estate arm, Crescent Property) or SC Electric And Gas. Lake Wateree, Fishing Creek and Wylie take you towards Charlotte. Clarks Hill, Russel and Hartwell border GA and point you to Greenville. Keowee and Jocassee are foothill gems but waterfront property is long gone.

BTW, I guess google doesn't work in your part of MD.

www.southcarolinalakes.net

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was born in Anderson, western part of the state. Plenty of hills over there. It's right next to Clemson, and there's Lake Keowee right there near by.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last I checked...."boondocks"....google didn't live in South Carolina.....
Sure I could look it up on "google"...been there done that and went down and looked some property....but, with that being said..."google" nor a real estate agent (who wants to make money) will be able to "tune you in" to the different areas of SC like someone who lives there or was raised there.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts