Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Sea Pro 235CC. I am installing a stereo in the boat mainly to listen to the race and other sports while I am fishing.

I am mounting the stereo in the electronics box next to the VHF radio located on the top of the T-Top.

I am not sure of where to put the speakers. I have narrowed it down to either putting them on the bottom of the electronic box and have them facing downward towards the dash.

Advantage: Speakers are out of the weather.

Disadvantage: Speakers take up a lot of room in the electronic box.

Or, I might place them on the outer bulkheads about halfway up the boat.

Advantage: Speakers are out of the way and I will probably get better sound throughout the boat.

Disadvantage: The bulkhead is 1/2" Fiberglass. (I am concerned of long term health of the bulkheads with heavy speakers mounted to them. Cracking and such). In addition, I am concerned the speakers will be exposed to considerably more moisture.

Well, that is my train of thought. Any opinions and experience good or bad that I can draw upon?

Thanks in advance,
Big Country

Oh yeah the speakers are 6.5" round sony's

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Why not mount in the console? Mine face out towards the gunnels but the cavity of the console keeps them away from electrical interference, provides a good box for pressure, and allows equal sound at both ends of the boat. As with any boat, buy good marine spearkers.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,
I thought about that, but the T-Top support is in the way and will not let me get the speaker in there. If I go further forward, then the back of the speaker is in the head area of the console. Between fishing supplies and everything else in there, the back of the speaker would be in the way.

BC

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My wife bought be a stereo systems for my boat 2 years ago, I have yet to install it for this very same reason. Where to mount it ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it done. I had the rod holders that are inside the bulkheads off in order to mount some downrigger bases and re-located some of my rod holders. While I had everything apart, I mounted them to the bulkhead of the boat just forward of the rear of the console.

They went in pretty easy. I had to be cognizance of the fuel line while cutting and reinforced with 1/4" starboard.

Sounds pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts