Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to try sharking next week, and we are trying to find mackerel within the baltimore area. Alltackle has mackerel, but we launch before they open.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Had the same dilemma last weekend. Ended up getting chum and fresh bunker from Anglers on 50 right before the bridge. Oyster Bay Tackle on the island is open later than most (7PM+) if you get down the night before. I did not last Friday, so stuck with the bunker. Depending on when you plan to clear the inlet, they may be open in time as well. The blue dogs at least hit butterflied bunker on my trip...

·
Registered
51 Posts
find a Asian supermarket in your area, they carry whole mackeral and whole squids, that's where I get mine

·
Registered
973 Posts
Some shops will leave bait out for you to pick up.Slight risk but worth it.If frozen it will barely be thawed in the few hours its out.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, Cletus I am actually picking up a two flats of bunker to make my own chum. I will keep a few select LY's in case I cant find blues or mackerel.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
good stuff guys. I'll likely make a run this weekend to get some and vaccuum seal for the chest freezer. Don't want to get caught short on bait again like last weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When we were sharking hard I would get all me mackerel from Relient Fish in the Jessup wholesale terminal. They had food quality Mack and huge squid. 410-799-7555. They work backwards hours. Call ahead and get there early (3am or so) I would get 2500 lbs at a time and grind away. I had another source in Chrisfield that supplied commercial crabbers, don't remember the name though. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts