Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone, I am taking my dad fishing sat morning. I always put in and fish the lower nc area around satterwhite. And was just wondering about a ramp around the bridges..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Merlin1,

I might be a bit prejudice since I'm a handicap senior and have an annual permit for Occaneechee and Staunton River State parks. I happen to like ramp 2 by the park office rather than the expanse of ramp 1. Very few use ramp 2, so it's convenient for both launch and recovery. Turn left for ramp 2 at the pay shack rather than right to launch 1. Just keep the trailer out of the middle of the ramp as the low water exposes a missing section of the ramp (about 4 feet square). I choose to stay close to the floating dock. The water at the launch area is about 5 feet and the area is well protected from wave and wind. I think the fee is $6 per day on the weekend, self serve pay.

If'n ya don't like the state park, Bluestone is just North on 15 a few miles. Never launched from there, so I can't give you any info other than the price may be $5 a day.

I think I'm seeing bait and striped bass on my sonar below the bridges between Occ 1 and Occ 2. May be more activity down by Goat Island, but as a novice, I seldom know what I'm talking about. Just having fun fishing and now sometimes catching! :)

Good luck,

Regards, Joy T Brew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts