Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing guys pictures from out west. Made me just think. I havn't seen any posts or pic's from him sence I've been back.:( Where you at boy?:confused: get back in here.;) I miss the pic's from your side of the pond.:D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But that even more reason to get on the computer. Even though I love seeing his pic.s he doesn't need to just post them. He has made alot of friends here that would just like him to say hi. "And I is one". As a good friend of mine once said.:D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hello, I am still alive but the weather has been against me lately.
I guess I will have to scout the local harbor once again so I can come up with
a fish tale.

But fear not, plans for the season are already in the making.
In April I should be on the Danish Island of Fyn once again in search of sea-run browns
or seatrout as we call them.

Trips to the Harz mountains in Germany and the Bavarian borderline are also in the making.
And if all goes well I might be having a go at Florida this fall.

Thanks for the attention guys !

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Marcel good to hear from you. Just because your like most of, not fishing. don't make your self scarce. Get in on the equipment talks going on. We fisherman get really bad cabin fever. At least talking about fishing is better then getting the shakes in a corner.:eek: :D I know I would be interested what you guys over their, think makes good tackle for the fishing you guys do.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, here is a small update of what I have been up to these last months.
I have been fishing off course and my fish count untill this date is one rainbow trout
and a couple of yellow perch.

The outings to our new river in Germany have been fruitless due to low temps and high water but I guess we are not the only ones suffering bad weather.

A view from the pool beneath the watermill

That pool I was standing in is very shallow, all silted up.
Some parts where like quicksand so I will have to watch out there.
The good news is that our contact from the new club will sneak some heavy machinery
into the pool to dig it out.
Deep water = place for fish to hide.

Joop into one of the numerous sunken trees - no not a fish.

Off course I tried cheating by using a spinning rod during the cold weather periods but the only accomplishment was that I scared a yellow perch from underneath a sunken tree into open water.

Cheating, btw the sign says "Angeln Verboten" which means something like "No Fishing", I am pretty sure that sign was not meant for me though.

Off course we have attended club meetings at the other German club and visited our own hatchery to see how the brown trout, rainbows and brookies are doing.

Yours truly removing dead trout from the hatchery.

At this stage the small trout have consumed their food storage from the egg and started to
forage for themselves.
Our trout river will open middle March, the other place is open all year but somehow the fish have gone.
I guess fishing will start in real ernest in April / May depending on the weather.
In the mean time we might have to talk about tackle our just try to catch a fish here and there.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man now thats what I missed. I love that picture from below the mill. It also looks like your doing well. I'm sure that sign wasn't ment for you.;) And I wouldn't give the spinning rod a second thought. We all do it to. My problem is I can't and don't know how to post pic.s Not yet that is. My fishing this year did hold up right though jan. We had good striper fishing in the Indian river inlet for that whole time. My last run up their got me 14 fish a few were very nice for that time of year. I do miss the trout fishing though. moving from where I lived before retirment. To where I live now. Made me make a few changes in the type of fishing I will be doing most of the time. To get to good trout water from here is a longer drive then I really want to make. So I'm content with what is in my back yard so to speak. :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Mmm.... Indian river almost sound like Florida :)
I guess you must be at the Indian River in Delaware since most people on this board come from that region.

Now I must say that trout fishing is nice but I like to fish for anything that swims
(with the exception of big meanies which I have to be afraid of).
I can remember that on one of my trips the holy grail was to catch a bluegill on
the fly.
I managed that before the Mall security kicked me off the premises due my partial blindness to "No Fishing" signs :)

All over the world the weather has been to warm for the time of year.
Normally this would mean more time to fish but down here it has also been raining
most of the time resulted in flooding rivers and streams.
We even had hurricane like conditions on one occasion but since I was in the middle
of hurricane Wilma in 2005 I call myself these days cat. 3 hurricane proof :)
Now I have seen news stories about thick snow and some pretty desperate posts from
the Maine guys about the white stuff so maybe the big freeze will come later.
I hope that this spring will be a bit warmer than the last one so I can fish in Denmark
during some normal weather.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I know all about those no fishing signs.:eek: I got booted more then once when I was a kid. I use to spend my summers working on my uncles farm, in Virginia. My father use to think it was good for me, and would keep me out of trouble. How wrong he was at least about the trouble part. I found more to get into their then at home in Baltimore. For a city kid, the farm was a whole new thing for me. More signs to ignor. ponds and streams to fish. And the most inportant part of my education. I learned what girls looked like with nothing on at the right old age of 13. It seemed while fishing I found the old swiming hole, that was used by them for skinny diping.:D Man I spent alot of time their. my aunt told my uncle, that I shouldn't be going into the woods alone. My uncle was a smart guy. He found out where I was going. He told my aunt. Not to worry. where I was, I would be in go hands. How right he was.:D

Your right about Delaware. thats where I moved to. Some real good off shore fishing for the fly rod as well as some good in shore fishing. Plus for us old guys. The pond fishing is top notch. Lots of large mouth bass, pickeral,crapie and of course. My all time faverite. Bluegill and shell crackers. their are also some red ears. here to. I've gotten some really big bluegills. so far the bigest was 1 3/4 pounds. I catch some 1 pound bluegills on all most every trip to a local pond. I love taking my jon boat or my canoe to some of these ponds. Its what I intended when I move here. That is when I get to old to go after the salty fihs in this area.;) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts