Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where the Spot spots are around Eastern Bay, or Poplar? We are not having any luck finding in our usual places, I.E. The Snood, etc. Any ideas or know why they are not showing up this year? The kids are disappointed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anybody know where the Spot spots are around Eastern Bay, or Poplar? We are not having any luck finding in our usual places, I.E. The Snood, etc. Any ideas or know why they are not showing up this year? The kids are disappointed.
Kids not the only ones disappointed this year. Spot were scarce last season though jumbos were out there. This summer seemed to start with scarce jumbos, now even those seem to be gone. At various times have tried E-bay, Poplar, West River, South River, Hacketts, at or near BB bridge...even Choptank once. Don't claim to be expert by a long shot, but have attended forums in past on technique, read a lot about fishing shell bottoms, using fresh bloodworms, flickers hooks, or casting at pilings later in the season, but have caught less than two dozen this entire season. Will keep trying here and there til water cools, but have shifted to other means of fishing. From what I've read on the forum correctly, I'm not alone.

As for why - my guess is overfishing, but just a guess. Hope I'm wrong there.

Good luck.

Mike (lubbernomo)
Bluewater 2350 out of the South River

·
Registered
236 Posts
Out Friday, caught fourteen Spot at the mouth of Greenwood Creek, [ the sand bar at the narrow cut] (6 to 8 ft. of water) on bloodworms. Most Spot were under six in.. With a fast incoming current, cast at 90 degrees to the current and let your bait slide down the slope. Also caught lots of perch, and small Rock at the same time. If you are in E-Bay, give it a shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.