Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many hours this season in the woods and a million dog chases...my little buddy finally scored his first deer [excited]. The day started out with a little bass fishing he landed an nice bass and a crappie about 14 inches and then one of the guys called from the hunt club to say the dogs were CHUNKIN so we loaded up and headed to the ferry. We got on the other side of the river James about 12:20 got on the radio they told us where the dogs were headed proceded to run into the woods got in front of the dogs and here comes ol nanny doe and BAM ! from the ol' .410 and down she goes. After a few follow-up assistant shots from dad we had her. What a great day !!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
That's great. I know the feeling. I took my 11 year old and 9 year old son hunting two weeks ago for their very first deer hunt. I knew they probably would not last long on a stand so I let my 11 year old practice shooting the gun with buckshot early in the afternoon and we then went and selected a spot to sit at about 4:15. My 9 year old was just observing so I gave them a crash course on how to pick a spot taking into account the wind position and something to conceal your outline when on the ground, etc, etc. We had not been there 15 minutes when a nice spike buck came slipping up through the woods. I was whispering instructions to him the entire time and when the buck went behind a tree he got the gun up and when it stepped out he pulled the trigger and the deer dropped like a hammer.

Both of the boys let out a whoop and ran straight over jumping and and down excited beyond belief. Once it was confirmed dead my son that shot it grabbed an antler and started dragging him out of the woods like he had been doing this for years.

It was a great moment and they still can't stop talking about it. Of course they are both ruined now from ever sitting on a stand for more than 15 minutes since he was successful so quickly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thanks guzzi. Yes, I've got digital photos as soon as I read the directions on how to download them off the camera to my computer I'll be good to go.. Then maybe someone can help me post them after I do that.[grin]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.