Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Weather Underground has Max winds at 9 for tommorow... WX man has already changed forecast from all day rain to no rain, just overcast.. Just go.... and dont worry about it....:eek2:

·
Premium Member
26,288 Posts
I've found CBOFS to be the better of the two.I would run south from your dock- that way if the winds pick up-it will be behind you.

Check CBOFS right before you leave the house tomorrow morning.Most times their 2-6 hour prediction is right on :thumbup:.

NOAA - many a day I've cursed them, their mother,their father and even their dog :D after taking water over the bow in " 5-10 , seas 1 foot or less" :eek2:.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am big fan of the CBOFS thanks to TF, it is very accurate to the hour, I have planned trips to the hour based on its forecast to get out and fish a window of time based good conditions it forecasted, I am not much for super snotty seas and love to work around the nastiness like a pro and CBOFS lets you do this and your HO's will be happier for it! It is a great tool.

So, after viewing this thread and all the chatter, I took another look at CBOFS, because NOAA this morning had a bad forecast for tomorrow and the CBOFS forecast looks good so far for my area, I hope it holds up to get out for a few hours tomorrow.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Don't believe either one....winds were straight North about 15-20...gusts to 30 probably...we were down below 72 tryin to run back to the Patuxent and it was a little choppy. Tom

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I have a charter booked out of Calvert Marina in SI tomorrow. The Capt says we go.

Waves 1 ft, s wind 5-10. Per NOAA.

:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts