Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out at noon to an incoming tide and before I could get all the lines in we had a 15 lb dink on. Then one of the smaller rods bent over in half and this big kittie came in about 12 minutes later.

After tide turn around another bigger rod bent over and dang near pulled all the line off. It was 44 inches long and pegged my electronic scale at 43 lbs.. Scale goes to 40lb BTW so it was way more. What a beast..

Then it started snowing and wind was blowing hard so we came in.

Great last trip of the year..

Capt Mike

·
Registered
837 Posts
Topping out your scale...talk about ending the year on a high note! NICE!!:thumbup::thumbup::yes:

·
Registered
885 Posts
It was fun watching George battle that beast as it took line. Great fight on the 43+ lb fish. Great day out there despite the balmy 35 degrees. Winter came in around 4:15 when the wind and snow came in! Nice to be out there with Capt. Mike!

Ernie

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Great job, Capt. Mike!
Makes me want to travel to SMIBLANDIA to bend a rod.
Question for you... are those size of cats unique to your area, or could we expect to produce similar results in a river such as the Choptank?
Lord knows it has many of the same characteristics, and catfeesh are an underfished resource.
Whatcha think?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great job, Capt. Mike!
Makes me want to travel to SMIBLANDIA to bend a rod.
Question for you... are those size of cats unique to your area, or could we expect to produce similar results in a river such as the Choptank?
Lord knows it has many of the same characteristics, and catfeesh are an underfished resource.
Whatcha think?
I think the Potomac has better food source..The James and the Potomac have a lot in common in the food sources.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
For years, monster cats flourished near Denton on the Choptank, well inland, due in large part to a huge waste discharge pipe from a chicken processing plant on the shore.

We also had big schools of Wrinkle Fish at the time, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts