Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening Folks,

I couldn't stand it any longer. So I decided to venture out to Kent Narrows to get my 'fish on'. :fishing2:

The white perch didn't disappoint. I'm glad I ventured out. :clapping2:

Hurricane Joaquin, don't hurt us too bad!!! :eek2:

Have a good evening everyone!

Peace. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Good catch Judy. I think my perch are moving out of the shallow water. I didn't catch one perch the last two times where I have been catching loads of them. I use to fish Kent Narrows a lot when I had a boat and was younger. I use to fish off the dock at The Crab Deck. They let me fish there before they opened. I haven't been to the Narrows for years. Is there any places to fish from shore any more? Might have to check it out. Got a pretty long drive from Federalsburg. Was nice living on Kent Island years ago.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Judy,

Great going on the perch! You and your husband are in for a tasty meal or two indeed. We haven't done so well this year in the shallows with the perch, but have done well on the bay over the oyster beds. We haven't targeted them for a while, and need to do so soon before it gets cold. I hope that this storm steers way out to sea; the fishing could get shut down for weeks, and, more importantly, people could get hurt.

Don

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Judy,

Great going on the perch! You and your husband are in for a tasty meal or two indeed. We haven't done so well this year in the shallows with the perch, but have done well on the bay over the oyster beds. We haven't targeted them for a while, and need to do so soon before it gets cold. I hope that this storm steers way out to sea; the fishing could get shut down for weeks, and, more importantly, people could get hurt.

Don
Thank you RiverCato9!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Judy - Thanks for your posts - white perch are probably the most reliable fishery we have in the Bay. Always good to hear your reports! By the way what
bait(s) were you using?

Bayhead

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Judy - Thanks for your posts - white perch are probably the most reliable fishery we have in the Bay. Always good to hear your reports! By the way what
bait(s) were you using?

Bayhead
Hi Bayhead, thank you. I was using razor clams and a few bloodworms.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Think its been over a year since I have been on here.
Sold the Fountain went back to a bass boat and their our fun fishing down here on the little river and Edenton. Catches over 200 a day certain time a year are common . Have a hot spot right by my dock, deep water creek running into the woods about 100 yards. We use beetle spins down here with a little piece of worm or eel put on the hook for smell. The live bate on the back ends honestly double and triples the bites.
10 pound fire line green by Berkley you never know what your going to pull up from flounder, catfish to 5 and 6 pound bass. Picked up a pontoon and keep several rods on there just in case they start busting bait on the top near us while we're cruising. Always fun catching every cast as long as it last. ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think its been over a year since I have been on here.
Sold the Fountain went back to a bass boat and their our fun fishing down here on the little river and Edenton. Catches over 200 a day certain time a year are common . Have a hot spot right by my dock, deep water creek running into the woods about 100 yards. We use beetle spins down here with a little piece of worm or eel put on the hook for smell. The live bate on the back ends honestly double and triples the bites.
10 pound fire line green by Berkley you never know what your going to pull up from flounder, catfish to 5 and 6 pound bass. Picked up a pontoon and keep several rods on there just in case they start busting bait on the top near us while we're cruising. Always fun catching every cast as long as it last. ;)
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts