Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in Millington. All you want, mostly smallish. Some small yellow remain as well.
Take the kids down there this weekend, find a spot on the bank, and have yourself a perch-jerkin good time.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
They were a little finicky yesterday. Ya might wana take some grass shrimp or blood worms to tip your jigs with. Fishbites?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Millington is at the head of the Chester River. Its on 301 from the south a few miles short of Delaware. The fish are all over. Ed and I were up in town by the bridge.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
How is the shore access in Millington? I might take a run up there or over to Red Bridges next week.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's plenty at the 313 bridge, but plenty of fisherfolk as well. Most are friendly and cooperative as they are used to the banks being lined with anglers when the WPs arrive.
Another option is the smaller stream on rt 291 just east of town. Need freshwater license up there.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Was down on the Transquaking River and into Fishing Bay yesterday and bud and I did OK. Not large but they bit on the last of the outgoing tide. Nada on the incoming in the afternoon. Largest was 11.5 " with the rest in the 9-10" range. Great day for sitting on the bank with bloodworms watching the wildlife and birds around and not a vehicle or truck sound to break the tranquility. :thumbup:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thanks for the reports guys! I'm anxiously waiting for them to work there way up to Port Deposit which will be a few weeks yet. I used to go to Millington every year but it seems like the last few years i've been picking the wrong days to go so i'm just patiently waiting for them to get up here this year. I have had some super days of fishing in Millington through the years though!

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
There's plenty at the 313 bridge, but plenty of fisherfolk as well. Most are friendly and cooperative as they are used to the banks being lined with anglers when the WPs arrive.
Another option is the smaller stream on rt 291 just east of town. Need freshwater license up there.
Ed on 291 my maps show some railroad tracks. Does the stream go that far? If so do you fish that area? I coming from Baltimore and not familiar with the area. I always get a fresh water license. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a railroad bridge with sort of a pool between 291 and High Bridge Road. it can be accessed from either road, but you'll need to walk down the tracks about 200 yards or so from either end. It's another good spot, especially if no one else is there. Usually less crowded than the 313 bridge because of the hike. Parking is the "side of the road" variety, and you won't be able to see your vehicle from the bridge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts