Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's been my lure of choice all summer long for Perch off my dock. Weak fish and Rock have been hitting it as well. Last weekend all we could catch were very small (4"-6") Rock. Couldn't catch a Perch even with blood worms.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's been my lure of choice all summer long for Perch off my dock. Weak fish and Rock have been hitting it as well. Last weekend all we could catch were very small (4"-6") Rock. Couldn't catch a Perch even with blood worms.
Weak fish, you must be way down the bay. It is close to time my perch will move out to deep water. They might be gone after this week. They say it's going to get pretty chilly the next few days.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going again in a little while to see if the perch are still in shallow water off a few piers on the Tred Avon River in Oxford MD. Maybe a rockfish or two.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Andy - Can't make out the lure you are referring to - can you send a better picture or describe? Also...how did you make out on 10/16?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy - Can't make out the lure you are referring to - can you send a better picture or describe? Also...how did you make out on 10/16?
I'm late on answering you, just seen this. I can't remember what happened on 10/16, have to look that up. Let me see if I have a better picture of the lure. But any little 1/16th jig head with a little 1 0r 2" plastic curl tail will catch white perch in shallow water. Here you go bayhead, I did this just for you. :thumbup: View attachment 185346

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Andypat thank you for posting the great perch reports.

White perch disappeared from the Severn shallows a month or so ago, within a few week period in early Sept they went from abundant to scarce to gone (for me anyway).

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andypat thank you for posting the great perch reports.

White perch disappeared from the Severn shallows a month or so ago, within a few week period in early Sept they went from abundant to scarce to gone (for me anyway).
Steve, I'm going this morning to check if the perch are still around the pier I fish off of in Oxford MD. I don't think they are still there in shallow water, but got to check it out. Will let you know.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is what happened on 10/16.

Not one white perch yesterday morning.

Started by andypat, 10-17-2015 08:57 AM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts