Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Millington is a small town East of Rt 301, basicly at Rt 291 and Rt 313 on the boarder of Queen Anne and Kent counties, MD.............Gary

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
And the moral of the story - never end a sentence with at? :))
Right, the old "dangling preposition," although I never require fishing partners to have full mastery of the English language. No big deal. :fishing2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got our Limit of Fat Yellow Perch just below the 301 Bridge Saturday, saw a guy at the landing who caught a bunch of White Perch just above Chestertown. Didn't see any up in Millington yet.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
I thought you might be right. Something is dangling out there. Then I looked it up. I was right.

http://languagetips.wordpress.com/category/dangling-prepositions/

back to fishing

Prepositions of Place: at, on, and in
We use at for specific addresses.
Grammar English lives at 55 Boretz Road in Durham.

We use on to designate names of streets, avenues, etc.
Her house is on Boretz Road.

And we use in for the names of land-areas (towns, counties, states, countries, and continents).
She lives in Durham.
Durham is in Windham County.
Windham County is in Connecticut.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
With a mom who was an english teacher for many years this be two dang funy.

Where's cap'n George when you need 'em.

Chris

·
Registered
112 Posts
River up and muddy from 313 bridge down past 301. Prior to rain, I've been doing well on yellows for about a week downriver from the 301 bridge. No white perch yet. Probably none before March 20th most years. Commercial guys at Quaker Neck Landing way south of Chestertown are selling some beauties to 13". I'm going to try worms this afternoon and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts