Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my 4th year fishing for shad. Up until now all I've caught have been Hickories and have yet to catch a white. Since it appears the hickory run is winding down on the Susky, I'd like to try for some whites. Just wondering if anyone has some tips, such as what type of darts to use, size and color? Do spoons work as well with whites as they do with hickories and if so what type and color? What test line should I use and are there any specific techniques that work well? Finally what are the best spots on the Susky other than the dam to try for whites and do they go up Deer Creek any?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
derigger66 - If you're fishing from shore then along the riprap up at the dam is about the only white shad show on the river. You can catch a rare white or two well downriver but they are rare. I pretty much use the same techniques and lures I use for hickories. Its location, location, location when fishing for whites up by the dam. Even a small change in location, like 20'-40' will take you from famine to feast. So keep hunting for them. Time is growing very short though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts