Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched before sunrise this morning looking to hook up with some early morning topwater action. I usually see the sunset at Sandy Point when I'm coming off the water. This morning, I got to see the moonset while launching the boat :))

Bay was flat as glass this morning so made the quick run from Sandy Point down to Whitehall Bay to try the flats there. Heard & saw bait splashing everywhere so had high hopes of putting some nice rock in the boat. For the next 2 hours I worked topwater most of the way around the perimiter of Whitehall Bay. Blues - Blues - Blues... nice grade of bluefish - 10" up to 16" - caught at least 20 of the commies. Nice pullage, but not what I was looking for today :censored:

Sun got too high and the bite slowed, so headed up the Severn to look for some fish with stripes. Lots of traffic on the water today - all the power boats heading in from the dealers for the boat show - probably saw a few million dollars worth of boats go by on their way to the display area. The atmosphere was also charged up this morning - the distant stations on VHF were coming in like locals - Coast Guard stations from New Jersey to North Carolina were breaking through on Ch 16.

Managed to boat a few rockfish between David Taylor and Manresa - all were between 18" - 22". Found some more blues in the river again, too (hope the water cools off soon and sends them packing). White perch are schooling up pretty heavy - nice size, too :thumbup: - - got some double header perch while bottom fishing - perch were in the 11" to 12" range - both at Hacketts and up in the Severn.

Fall fishing at its finest - beautiful weather for October 14 - hope it lasts a bit longer :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
You can rename Whitehall Creek Blues Creek also. Was deep in the creek Monday waiting for crew to arrive, threw a small Smack It off dock, three blues in five casts. Amazing they are up that far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts