Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so on the "tourney is cancelled" thread people mentioned "maybe next time" and "we'll definitely have to have a summer event".

So are we throwing in the hat on our club tourney? Are that many of us fishing MSSA? I say to hell with MSSA and lets get it on! I realize its showing 15 mph winds for next weekend but.....:fishing2:

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
I think the biggest concern is the crowd. Most years the MSSA has 600 boats in it - plus the Rod / Reel tournament and the normal weekenders.

I do know 2 SRRKCers are in MSSA - so they are out.

The other factor is trying to get everyone's schedule to fit - tough to do on short notice. Just a b*tch weatherman last week was wrong.

That's why we are thinking doing a 30 or even 60 day trophy Rockfish tournament - like the Pickerel. Will give everyone at least a chance to try.

·
Registered
795 Posts
A 30 day rockfish tournament on the severn river mite draw in more people later in the season like the summer kick off and the same for the trophy tournament...........woody

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Spring Tourney could not be in the river only... we dont fish the perch, pickeral or river only tournaments because #1 I dont have the time to even get out in the yak with the 2 little kids and #2 we are on the South River.

Im all for a Bay open 30 day spring tourney with a tourney ending raft up party on the water somewhere.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Look I was picking something up from one of my vedors the other day. They are good old boys that have been in the drum buisness FOREVER and have made millions but are still about as country as they come. He walked along side of our truck. He motioned for us to roll the window down. As we did he put his arm in the window. He said "air condition?"......"soft". Now you know what that means. Why is that relevant? MSSA, ROD and REEL these thing never mattered to the SRRKC. It was a chance to drink beer with your buddies and an excuse to go fishing. I SAY SOFT. I will be at a bachelor party in Myrtle (I know I know who the F picked myrtle) but will be fishing none-the-less. I say you boys get out there catch some fish, drink some beers, and watch uncle john bleed profusly from the head after he creams his noggin on someone's rod holder. hahahaha

-Evans

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will just note that 30 day "tournaments" are greatly biased towards those who can fish on a frequent basis and people who might only be able to make it out 1 or 2 days during a month will be handicapped. But I can read the writing on the wall - eventually all our tournaments will turn into month-long events b/c someone can't make the single day.

I'm going to try to get out Saturday anyhow. If anyone wants to raft-up in the afternoon for some beers let me know.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Uncljohn I will be out sat as well and I'm not fishing either tournament. We can drink some beers at watergate unless we get some more takers for a raft up.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff- I'll be out, don't know what time but likely heading south past Bloody. B-mail me your cell # and I'll try to give you a ring Sat to see where you are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts