Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEARD A GUY ON THE RADIO TALKING ABOUT THEM DIVING AROUND THE THIRD ISLAND AND WAS IN SCHOOLS OF TOGS- NO SPEARING JUST DIVING- I TRIED TO RAISE YOU ON THE RADIO WITH NO RESULTS........ARE YOU READING THIS ? ARE YOU A TF'ER - THE RADIO DIVER GUY SAID HE WAS IN A YELLOW BOAT WITH TWIN MOTORS........ANYONE ? HEY YEA YOU ? HELLO.......

ANYWAY FISH,SPEAR,MAKO, NEW GUY, OLD GUY- LETS GO !!

·
Registered
805 Posts
We were ready to head out to the 3rd. today but the weather din't help my plans. I'll try for next saturday (29th.) maybe I'll see a few of the guys there with the red and white flags[excited]

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get up with me spearo - we plan on going to do something too next weekend- as of now mako is gonna come down for a trip - any one else ? what about you jkc ? i know fishooter will be outta town - distraction ?

call me this week- 685 4811 - heading itu to busch gardens this am so i wont be around all day

·
Registered
805 Posts
Racm 35,

My plans are to hit the 3rd. early Saturday and set up shop if the fish are in there, if not, I'll move aroud till I find them.
I'll post friday night after work just to make sure the weather is with us and who's in on this hunt. I'll be on 68 for any new reports when in the water.

If we can get a few flaged boats in a row next to a decent spot it should help keep the props. from our heads [sad] Maybe by friday a few more guys may get "the bug" and head out too for some fish.

IF a few guys can make it it and all hunt the same site close together it may be a good idea to set some do's and don'ts ahead of time for any "first timers" and the safety of everyone in general!

In a site like this and with several others on the water I like the idea of hunting about 125ft. _+ of shore-line as "my own hunting grounds" fifty ft. just in front of the bow, 50ft. behind the stern and the lenth of my own boat all the way to the shore. With the low viz., the crossing of others divers and the lenth of the shot anything can go wrong and safety is job one! If you have more than one diver on the water you split that number and each take half the grounds, you get the idea.
Maybe others can add a few more good tips too, they do last a life time.

[wink]

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I got the gun and the free dive gear but no suit. Please let me know before you all head out so that i can plan around it if their is a lot of divers out there.

Mike

·
Registered
805 Posts
Kapoc,

You're gona need a suit this time of the year, a one or two pc. 5mm or even a 7mm or you will not be in there for long.[sad]

·
Registered
331 Posts
RACN & Spearo,

Saturday should work for me, but let's stay in touch as the week progresses. So that makes three of us so far, potentially? Anyone else in?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
May see ya'll out there if the weather wont let me offshore on friday. Lets see what Mother Nature will bring. Martin

·
Registered
972 Posts
Guys

I would love to join ya but cant make this wkend [sad]
However the flip side is that me a a buddy are gonna try and get out to the islands some time this wk and see what the flounder situ around the base looks like by scuba.

Will post up a report goodor bad if we get out. Hopefull the vis will improve.

Cheers

Hamish

·
Registered
972 Posts
Warren & others

We have decided to can Friday's planned CBBT dives. What with the spring tide and slack at 11.45, the vis then will be crappy, not to mention those 2-3 ft waves and rain the in the AM.

If yall go on Sat catchemup.

Hamish

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are we back in winter again ? man only 55 today at the beach- still a little early yet but sat aint looking too good either......april is the stormyest month anyway we all know that - 3 out of 4 fridays in april all get rained out at the race track every year too.......

·
Registered
331 Posts
Alcon,

We can bag out this Saturday based on that, no drama at all. Better to wait for the right tide and weaterh than to get knocked around and have nothing to show for it, as we all know.

I'll be back home at the Jersey Shore next weekend, and will be spearing some flounder there hopefully, but the following weekend I'm down if things are better.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WE HAVE ALL SUMMER !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts