Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here is able to sight with their rifle (iron sights) or Bow using monovision contact lenses? I just was fitted yesterday with them, and haven't had an opportunity to test them with my rifles and bow.

I asked the Doc to fit me with the near sight lenses in my right eye (my aiming eye) but he said that my right eye was dominant, and it should be fitted for the distance lenses instead.

My rear sight on my guns has always been fuzzy since I've gotten older (same with my peep sight on my bowstring) and I'm hoping that at least this improvement in my vision will help me better see what I've been missing.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
134 Posts
Like Alby, I hunt w/ Torics, too. I sure do like contacts better than glasses, especially for bow season. Only problem I have found is that while hunting, I am constantly trying to fixate my eyesight on whatever moves in the woods. This tends to lessen the number of times the eye blinks on average per minute, which in turn dries the eyes and can cause blurry lenses.

SOLUTION if it happens to you, too: keep a small bottle of artifical tears in your pocket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.