Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been out since the season opened back up but I am going soon! One of my best fishing partners has been out of the game due to severe medical issues and he says he thinks he can make it out soon. As soon as he says so, we are going!!

I have not seen but a couple of charter boats on the Bridge pilings last two days. Not sure where the fish are nor where people are looking. I am not interested in running all the way up to Tolchester so I will probably start looking on the shorelines locally. They were there a couple of weeks ago and with the Dolphins lurking, they may still be.

Anyone else planning to target Rockfish in the next couple of weeks? Let's go get 'em!

Pat

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
From what I saw the last 2 weekends you'll do fine shallow water fishing. We'll be hitting it this Friday.

Reactions: pkeating

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O sea D - I also can't wit until fall. Regarding rusty lures, I carry a jar of fresh water with me every trip and dunk all the lures I used into the fresh water at the end of each trip. As well as scissors, knives etc that were exposed. My friends laugh at me, call me Martha (Stuart) but I have plugs that have lasted years while they complain about rusty hooks.

Pat

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
I put my used lures in a separate box and they get soaked when I get home.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Me too. Clark spoons are cheaply made and probably why they’re cheap. Hooks rust off from fresh water. Drones, I think, are
More effective and better quality but twice the price. I do take care of them, but they hold up well

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went yesterday caught a bunch of croakers and spot mouth of the west river using crab fish bites. I was headed over to popular to troll and started setting my rod up on the west side. I then changed my mind decided to cross the bay and set up on the east side. By the time I got in the main channel i heard a pop. I looked back and one of my 309 was spooled. I left the lever open and lost my line.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trophy - in case you did not see my other post, it may be that Elk Neck State Park works best for you to launch - great ramps there.

Good luck fishing

Pat

·
Premium Member
26,483 Posts
I was out today from Sandy Point. 8 :30 am only 4 other trailers , one looked like jet skis.

Saw 5-6 boats fishing bridge - I got a 26 incher ( limit ). I was surprised it was not crowded - good conditions.

Reactions: pkeating

·
Registered
12,039 Posts
Same with me there's plenty in the shallows for spin fishing with plugs while I'm catching Bass and Snakeheads..I might keep one this fall when the water cools.otherwise,back overboard with the rest of the fish.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Anybody fishing for rockfish in the Patuxent or out of Solomons? Going out this weekend and thinking about targeting them. Any that far south right now, or too early?
Of course I can't say for your neck of the woods, but prior to closure I had been getting in to them consistently, particularly while working shoreline and I sail from just a shade north of the PAX.
But I'm willing to travel and move a lot.
I'd expect it to be tougher if you don't have that option. But I don't fool around in your river much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts