Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I did not get out on the water, but talked to fellow TFer Lilly while driving over the Bay Bridge on the way to my Mom's while watching a hot bite just north of the bridge on the eastern side. It was on fire. Lilly said he was doing well.

I have a friend who is here with his family for Thanksgiving who is never caught a striped bass. We are headed out on Monday to the Bahamas to chase some bones, however, before we go we need to get him his first striped bass on the fly. Sooooo tomorrow is the day, I hope the fish gods are looking down on him and we can find some breaking fish. I think we are going to head out of the Choptank and begin the search from there.

If you are out on the water give a yell. We will probably get out around 11ish.
:fishing2:
Brandon

·
Premium Member
26,270 Posts
You should do good near the mouth.Be sure to give the area between #4 and #2 a good look.The False channel often holds alot of fun size Rock this time of year.

Beware the crab pots - some are tough to see and are in as deep as 65 feet :eek2:.Eel potters are also out there- thet often use old anti freeze or bleach bottles-again tough to see.

One crabber off James Island has bright orange flags on his pots :clapping2::clapping2: - very easy to see and AVOID from 1/2 mile away.

Watch for birds near #10 on the way out - heard it was good last week.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roger that guys, going to launch out of the Tred Avon and then head out of the Choptank looking and then into the bay if I have to go that far. I'll be on 68 and give a yell for any TFers.

Good luck to all who are going!

Brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.