Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a very, very tough couple of months, i decided to say to hell with everything going on in my life and go fishing. I don't care if I catch a thing, I just gotta smell some salt air and feel the wheel in my hand. John (aka "Lucky") and I will be looking for some fish somewhere between windmill and the md line. I went through my spread to make some adjustments and I'm almost ready. Will be on 68, boat name is Defiant. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Wondering why you haven't been posting Joey. I haven't been out for a couple months either. Been doing pretty good crabbing. Waiting for the big Stripers. Starting to get some good reports from Christy at Buzzs. Getting my gear together. Good luck tomorrow. Looking for a good report. George.

·
Registered
8 Posts
good luck

Good luck Defiant! Sounds like a day on the water is needed. Don't expect to make it out today but will be there Sunday for sure!

·
Registered
191 Posts
satterly, i'll be out there tomorrow (sunday) on 68 in the waterview and urbanna area. Any luck up in those areas in the last week? Tried the bridge area all morning with no luck. Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks Fish Finder

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I heard the place to be today was in Fleets Bay in the morning time. We worked out till the cut channel and back around to 59a then back down to windmill with only one fish to show for it and one fish that came unglued 10 yards behind the boat. I think I might try Fleets Bay tomorrow morning and if nothing happens there we will probably run upriver to Towles Pt or up around #8 to see what going on there. We will be on channel 68 boat name "Maritime Mayhem" I'll make a call on the radio if we happen to get into them.

--John

·
Registered
702 Posts
Limit

Got limit in Fleets Bay today. Drifted spot in open water. Lots of good marks in 30-35'. Look for the boats and you will be on the fish. Biggest for us was 24 and others were 20-22.

Good Luck to all
Back to work for me
Pepsi

·
Registered
226 Posts
Satterly,

If you come in the river we plan on being up river, give us a call if you are doing anything and we will do the same.

Rappangler

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, happened pretty much as John said. 1 23" to show for our efforts. While it was nice to be out on the water, it was a frustrating day. I was unprepared and decided to wing it. Not a good idea running 8 rods. Had 2 major tangles and lost a mojo/umbrella combo. To top it all off the steering on the boat has air in it and I couldn't keep the boat straight. I hate stretches and we ran 2 of them, had 1 pop out of the water at the boat. It was headed straight for my head at a high rate of speed and I managed to catch it with my left hand. Later it got revenge by impaling itself in the back of my leg. I got some work to do to get back on my game.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
LoL! I hate em too but they seem to be the ticket right now, We got two of ours today on a white with redhead stretch 25 and another on a white umbrella on the bottom. After reading another report on here I am trying to convince my dad that we need to head up around 70 tomorrow and try to find some fat cows.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Rich and I had a very good morning in Fleets Bay on Sunday Morning on his boat "Rock Head".
We boated 12 keepers (releasing all but 4) in 3 hours and the biggest was 25". All the fish that
we caught were Fat and Healthy looking. I was really glad to see that none of them had sores.
They were hitting anything "White"! Most of ours were caught on a White Umbrella/Mojo Rig
on the bottom. The biggest fish was caught on a 6" Tomic.

We went home for lunch and came back out around 2:00................fished until dark without a bite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts