Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fly fish film tour tonight, Sun, the 11th at 7:30 at the Arlington Cinema and Drafthouse.

I'll be there with three other fly anglers from Annapolis. I know Ryan who is putting it on and it's a cool gig. $12 at the door, worth it to see cool footage on a cold Mid Atlantic night.

Hope to see you there.

Brandon

·
Registered
126 Posts
Would love to go, way too far for me though. Let me know how it is. A good buddy of mine has two films in it. RA Beattie and I have fished together for years. Finally got him on some NC Albies this fall. Needless to say, he's already booked for next year. I love what RA is doing for flyfishing. He's the Warren Miller of flyfishing. Angling Addiction, his award winning 5 min film is great. Everytime I watch it I want to blow off work to launch some line. If you have not seen it, the best place to view it now is the Drake Mag. web site. I suggest you view all the films. Angling Addiction and Chasing Down the Man are my fav. Jesse at Western Anglers in Grand Junction, Colorado (my home town) is another fishing buddy of mine whom took part in the filming and fishing of Chasing Down the Man. Great clip! Please let me know it goes. Seth

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys missed some good stuff. Was a good time and venue. I talked to my friend Ryan who is doing it and we are going to try and get him to Annapolis next year. Should be cool.

Brandon

·
Registered
92 Posts
Last night was fun, good crowd and great footage of some flyfishing maniacs. Brown trout in New Zealand just moved up on my must do list. Roosterfish in the Baja surf looked like it would be a blast.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I made it out there with Sebastian (Tissy Furnes) and left both exilarated:D and depressed:( . Exhilarated at the fishing footage, the roosterfish were insane, and depressed that I ever left Miami! The strangest thing that happened however was the dream I had that evening where I was kidnapped by a giant tarpon:eek:. No kidding!! i think it may have been the segment from Chasing Silver.

Anyhow, don't forget TieFest is just a week-and-a-half away.

Cheers!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Me and C-Mace lived vicariously that evening through the eyes of some new talent on the scene.

Got another video in the can from my CBBT trips this fall. Not quite the professional touches shown on those films but I like how it turned out and will post a link once I get it uploaded.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brandon,
I was there, great show. I won a sage shirt and my dad won a fleece. I am about to graduate college and would love to go travel and fish with those guys.
Let me know if you get any info on that roosterfish trip.
[email protected]

·
Registered
885 Posts
I made it out there with Sebastian (Tissy Furnes) and left both exilarated:D and depressed:( . Exhilarated at the fishing footage, the roosterfish were insane, and depressed that I ever left Miami!
Anyhow, don't forget TieFest is just a week-and-a-half away.

Cheers!
Carlos,

Would you have learned to fly fish if you had never left Miami?

TieFest is now 3 days away!!

Ernie

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PileDriver,

Cool man. Sorry we did meet, but I remember you and your Dad winning.

I have know Ryan (guy who runs AG Media) and those guys are fun. They do some cool stuff that is for sure!

You and your Dad going to make it to TieFest?
Brandon

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ah the wisdom of Ernie. True my friend true. As I often say... God hss a plan and I'm not messin' with it. All-in-all I'd say it's all worked out just fine.:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts