Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was checking out the site because I got a note that there is going to be a big upgrade. Read the Maryland Forum and connected with some old friends.

Who is still around these parts and how are you?

Hope all is well and you're still fishing.

Miss the great times fishing in and around the CBBT, man was there some amazing fishing!:yes:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I used to post on a few of the boards on an occasion. I live in MD but have a house in Quinby VA and just retired. Fished a great deal last summer bayside and ocean side inshore. Had a great season, black drum, stripers, specs, cobia, flounder and reds. Did not post at all, a few year ago when I would post I would never get a response.
IMG_0257.JPG

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red,
Good to hear from you. Man, you go all the way back to joining in 2002 :)

Good to hear from you!
Brandon

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't fish or post anymore but still check the board every day - miss the days with Bob Allen and Julie... :)

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,293 Posts
I’m here ......... sure wish you were back in charge

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Site overall needs attention Brandon. The Maryland Board has fared better than VA or NN Boards in terms of raw activity. It has been abandoned of any form of oversite or administration for quite some time. I still occasionally post on the NN Board. Here's to hoping it comes back to life.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
i just logged on, been about a year at least, so much info on FB and other apps.
yes, im still pounding the Flounder :yes: IMG_0068.JPG :peace::peace:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Site overall needs attention Brandon. The Maryland Board has fared better than VA or NN Boards in terms of raw activity. It has been abandoned of any form of oversite or administration for quite some time. I still occasionally post on the NN Board. Here's to hoping it comes back to life.
Brandon has not owned tidal fish for several years. Many would claim that his departure was the demise others will say that it was folks going to facebook where you had some measure of control over whose posts you are exposed to or which of your posts you allowed the public to read vice a limited list. I am pretty sure that the two happened at the same time.

Me I am a facebook Luddite so I guess I am stuck with what I can get.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to post on a few of the boards on an occasion. I live in MD but have a house in Quinby VA and just retired. Fished a great deal last summer bayside and ocean side inshore.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Still fish and check board . No longer post. Miss the good old days when CBBT and Virginia Beach fishing was amazing and the info shared on the board was interesting and useful.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It has been to cold for me to get out fishing due to current medical condition. I hope to get out soon and start posing more fishing reports.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good to hear from everyone.

I think a lot changed that led to less traffic and regulars. For sure the fishing is not what it was in the early years of me running the site. I think Facebook had some impact, but probably more so just not as much attention paid to things.

Brian, I LOVE hearing you're still pounding the flounder :yes:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Brandon, there is a myriad of reasons. However, look at the posts. Very few replies- but a whole lot of lurking. Most posts have several hundred views, but no one replies...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts