Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I like bearing buddies, but, are you sure it doesn't have something like and EZ lube system which has an integrated grease fitting and shoots grease from the back to the front? A lot of new trailers are going with either this design or the oil bath hubs.

If this is the case, you would not be using bearing buddies.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Venture and EZ Lube

I replaced my 1999 single axle trailer in 2007 with a new 2x axle Venture from Dave's Trailer in G. Burnie. It has the EZ Lube system and has performed much better than the bearing protectors that I had on my old trailer. But I have to admit that I am still a little befuddled as to what it takes to replace bearings with this EZ Lube system. I have yet to have the need to do that.

Unfortunately, with the old trailer, I got so that could replace bearings in my sleep.

Saltrodder
Annapolis, Md.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The benefit of having the EZ Lube System is that you can re-pack your bearings w/o ever taking the hub off.

The rear bearing is the one that always fails with bearing buddies, so getting new grease to rear is the ultimate solution.

These are also marketed as Spindle Lube as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.