Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting a Carolina Skiff.........Want the 2180DLX or the 1980DLX....
I want to go with an Etec motor..........just wanted some feedback from those that have these boats.......how do you like em' .....what you would do different......etc
and what do you use em' for.

Tony

·
Registered
182 Posts
Try posting this on The Hull Truth.

I have a smaller CS - 16 DLX as a second boat. Love it, love the simplicity. Use it mainly for shallow water and inlet fishing.

Jorge

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Steve F has one, a 2180DLX with 90 4 stroke yammy. I have been on board, its a nice rig. I have personally owned 2 myself, a 1765 and a 1655 both DLX's. They are tough as nails but they will pound you pretty good in the slop. THey are big, wide, flat bottomed fishing platforms and are VERY stable. They are good if you have kids.

Get the biggest one you can afford with the biggest motor you can afford. I ran my 1765 all up and down the chesapeake bay

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm leaning towards the 2180DLX with a 90hp Etec.....I'm gonna use the boat as a commercial trotline boat.....the 19' would work but the more I think about it.....I think the bigger boat would be better.

Tony

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own a 19 foot 198V (semi-V) with a 90 hp Yamaha 4-stroke. It does bounce a lot when its in rough seas (over 3 feet or so). I've gone all around the bay and have never had any issues with the boat.....it's great....especially for the price! If you wanna go out and ride around in it shoot me a B-mail. Good luck.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts