Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be out both tomorrow and Friday. Thursday I have an early opportunity and Friday, most of the day.

I'll be monitoring 78. Give me a shout.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My only chance either day will be after 5pm- but shaking free from work is tough. Friday has the better chance - if I can avoid "pass out candy" detail.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Look for me on Friday, Greg. The only candy I'll be passing out that day is "Rock" candy :D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ralph, you live-lining down river?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good one.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be all over. First I'm gonna hit Clancy's spots with topwater, then Dave's spots with bucktails, then Chris's spots with the helicopter and turd lures. :D

No. Probably will work from the Rt 50 bridge on up...hitting every pier and drop-off on the way. :rolleyes: Won't get started 'til about 9 am as I have to get the kids off to school.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I might, and I say might be able to get an hour or two in before work tomorrow, but thats a serious maybe.....

So speaking of which, what went down this morning out there???

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Maybe, just maybe, I'll hit it early in the morning....probably from shore. More likely I'll be out one day this weekend.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what went down this morning out there???
The water level...way down.

The wind...way up.

Was out until about 10:30 and said F it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
So I'm taking it that it was a "not-so-perfect" perfect game?? -- no hits, no runs and no errors??

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was a shutout by the rock fish team. Will try again tomorrow under what is, hopefully, better conditions.

Does the tournament officially end on Halloween, or does it extend to our next meeting date?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Got off work too late to day to go out, but took a few casts with a #13 Tony from the dock right at sunset. Lots of taps, chases and veers and one very pretty yellow perch. What a visual treat, along with the trees and the evening light.
Somebody was fishing one of my spots at that time. yes it's close enough to see from my dock, but not close enough to tell if they were using an old white bucktail, or whether they wre catching.

I am still hoping to get out 5pm to 630 or so tomorrow. Won't go far, and Greg will have taken all the fish out of this neighborhood by then.
but I will concentrate on topwater along shore.
If anyone is around give a shout. I'll be in the carolina skiff with the mini console, or in a long red over cream kayak.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Won't go far, and Greg will have taken all the fish out of this neighborhood by then.
I want to try my hand at a few different locales Dave. Your fish are, and always were, safe from me.

I'll be out early tomorrow, but if given the opportunity, will venture out in the evening as well. Don't know if I'll make it down that far though. Good Luck.

Ralph, I hailed you this morning but got no response. Did you make it out?

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
If I remember right- we have until the 5th at 7 pm to register a fish :yes:.

I plan an all or nothing assault on Tuesday :thumbup:.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm meeting FlyGuy and Sherwood at the WSP pier at 6:30am for what we thought was a last gasp effort at landing a winning catch. With this info about the last day being Nov. 5th maybe we can extend our hopes. Hope to see some of you guys out there

·
Registered
424 Posts
If I remember right- we have until the 5th at 7 pm to register a fish
Hey, what happened to a "month-long" tournament? To avoid any conflict, I say we just end it today!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Dude, I had to sweat it out until the night of the meeting last year so just suck it up.....:thumbup:

Anyway the river is not exactly cooking right now, so your just hoping someone doesn't get a hail mary.....

BTW - I snuck out for an hour this moring and didn't see squat....having only an hour I focused on two deeper humps south of the Rte 50 bridge with no love....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I too would assume those fish are deeper, unless there are some warm water pockets. :confused:

Clancy, I had a surface temp reading of 52 when I was down that way this morning and one at 46 by Indian Landing.

Not too many fish on the meter, and all were between 18 and 33 feet of water.

Chris, I don't think you have much to worry about either, but people have made tremendous comebacks on the final days of our tourneys before. Like this past March, minutes before the tournament's end, this one guy made a tremendous haul of pickerel.

Oh no, I'm not bitter. :D

I believe that that tournament was originally slated to end March 1, but when people saw what day meeting night was, agreed to extend it. I know how you feel.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts