Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Feb 25, only 3 Sundays from today, we will be having a ball at Snood Fest.

Who is bringing with them something for "show and tell"?

What new project are you involved in this winter that you can share with the brotherhood?

What project are you in need of additional edjukatin?

What skill can you share with others?

What topics would you like addressed?

What questions would you like answered by some of the experienced crabbing members?

List your needs, likes, requests here:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Id like to get some pointers on repairing C-tpx. I usually pitch them when doors dont close and fall off. Now that I am buying better traps, I want to keep them in good condition and repair.

I have spoke to John Brunozi about this.

I want to know and see how to use hog ring pliers, crimp hog rings, rig tpx, etc. I do it all my way but want to see how others tend their c-tpx.

Yes? No? Off base?

Yodel!

G

·
I have two deep Tilghman Island made crab nets for sale - $25 ea. both in excellent shape ! I have too many nets!

chuck (What about the foooooood Jerry?)

·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crabby Bob,

In the past wooden bushel baskets, plastic fish baskets, crab ring nets, Foxy Mate brand box and topless traps, and many other items pertaining to crabbing have been available.

I can't say at this time who is bringing what. I do know I will bring materials and tools for building snood lines and once again they will be offered at lower than reasonable prices :) .

As for food items............ Generally everyone brings a covered dish of some sort. In the past we have enjoyed clams, and oysters, both raw, grilled, steamed and fried. I believe RJ will be posting more details along with directions to the hall shortly.

Hope to see y'all there.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Its great to see who brings what for that big grill too.
Venison,waterfowl,sausages,burgers and dogs to name just a few.
Hope the wind doesnt blow like last year though.
We are lucky SF4 isnt scheduled for right now during this arctic blast.
I can taste those oysters and clams now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd enjoy to hear and see a softshell talk/demonstration from one of the resident experts. When's the best time to go? What is the best equipment? What's are the conditions to look for when staking a territory? Time of day? Technique? Nets?

Oh, and I never picked up the crab baskets that I asked RJ to hold for me. Do you think he still has them, and if so, is he going to charge me a storage fee?

Hope that everyone is well.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Oh man. I tried this at SF1 I think and we ran out of time. Ill bring a few things and happily share how I do it but if time doesnt permit a presentation to the group, Ill do a 1 on 1 with you Swamp Bob, et al.

Now Ill have to drink on the way up, more when I get there, just to lose those gitters.

Soft crabbin is awesome! I am not an expert, just a enthusiast that, " does it his way".
Happy to share though.

DB

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I know some people liked my crab ring setup I brought last year so I'll bring a few for show and tell. I made some simple compact adjustable floats this year that worked out nice and I'll bring them too.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Crabslayer,
Well of course I have a softcrab roller net. You Creton! What do you think I am? A Chicken Neckka?

This will be fun!

I also would like one of those "at home peeler sluffers" to try and bring one of their rigs they talked so much about last season and show us all.

Does anyone have a decent poster or otherwise showing "crab evolution stages"?
Something that captures the crabs seasonal growing cycle?

Lookin to be a good SF!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Swamp Bob,

You are a Shucker!

I like it!

·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Decided to make a decision........

With all this snow/ice/wind forcing me not to work on my crabbing boat project, I decided to make a couple new snood lines for the upcoming season. This means I will be retiring two of my 1200 foot snood lines that have seen a total of less than 60 days usage.
They will be offered for sale for $220.00 each including the plastic orange baskets I store them in. They are constructed of 1/4" nyon soft lay with 1/8" bungee snoods spaced every 4 feet.

Interested parties can inspect them at Snood Fest on Sunday, Feb. 25.

I will also be bringing 600' and 1200' spools of soft lay nylon, Locktite #5 & #6, and bungee material for sale along with some other items. Although prices have taken a drastic increase due to material and freight costs, I will be offering these items at last year's low rate for the remainder of February.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Crabslayer,
Well of course I have a softcrab roller net. You Creton! What do you think I am? A Chicken Neckka?

Lookin to be a good SF!
Dave, I was refering to one that has been used. You know, where it's seen water, caught some fish and turtles as well as softshells...been mended numerous times from tangles with large snapping turtles...:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.