Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into alittle situation today at the bank.

Pulled into the drive thru, which was empty at the time. Waited at the window for probably only a minute but it seemed an eternity... As I could see in to the tellers computer screen and she's surfing the net. She finally realizes a customer that pays her salary was wanting to conduct business was waiting for her. She then acted in a professional manor and took care of buisness.

I knew the branch manager, went in.... told the story... manager checked history and fired her on the spot.

Was I wrong?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
you must not have been in too much of hurry if you had time to go in and be a tattletail. Probably took you longer than a minute...

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Tattletale? If you're paying for a service, shouldn't you expect good quality? Is your frequent topic of "personal responsibility" selective?

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
It is certainly not your fault. However, if it were me, I'd still feel a little bad about the situation just because nobody likes to see someone lose their job unless the employee really did something over the top. On the other hand, you don't know what else she's done....maybe this was the last straw.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
All kidding aside slug, I wouldn't worry about it. There's probably a good chance that she's not a single mom struggling to make ends meet, surfing the web on her down time ( kinda like the rest of us here ) looking for christmas presents for her little girl.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
All kidding aside slug, I wouldn't worry about it. There's probably a good chance that she's not a single mom struggling to make ends meet, surfing the web on her down time ( kinda like the rest of us here ) looking for christmas presents for her little girl.
Speak for yourself, TDAU. Surfing at work, especially when it interferes with the performance of your job, is theft, plain and simple.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Apparently there was a procedure against surfing the web instituted by the bank. The employee broke the bank rule and was fired for it. Thats the way corporations work. Otherwise, other employees seeing this infraction overlooked says, "our rules are flexible obey them if you wish".
At a time where employment is precious there will be someone else moving into the spot...perhaps the single mother with children. Good move Sluggo.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
TDAU,I've been helping customers all morning while you have been
surfing the net,and posting on the BS board,I had to hear ****
from someone because of you,and now it comes out your servicing Slug.

I guess if that someone new I was on here,he would be pissed at me,
oh,is that another text message he just got.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Slug

For someone so concerned, anecdotally at leasts, about the little guy and how W has ruined their USA, I would think you could have been a little more patient and given that person a break.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Some folks can surf the web, send and recieve text messages, talk on the phone, bull**** with their co-workers, scarf down a snack and do their jobs, all at the same time. Good on them.
The girl that ignored SLUG at the drive-thru clearly could not. She is too dumb to be handling people's money and needs to be gone.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
TDAU,I've been helping customers all morning while you have been
surfing the net,and posting on the BS board,I had to hear ****
from someone because of you,and now it comes out your servicing Slug.

I guess if that someone new I was on here,he would be pissed at me,
oh,is that another text message he just got.
Tell Mr Pot he needs to worry more about his 4 fantasy football teams and not me.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
She finally realizes a customer that pays her salary was wanting to conduct business was waiting for her. She then acted in a professional manor and took care of buisness.

Maybe she simply didn't realize slug was there.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
You crack me up CG.

You're not wrong slug...................................but you are an *******.:D

Thought I should fix this before I piss slug off. Can't be sure who anyone is anymore.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Slugs are kinda hard to see.

TDAU,lunch is on you today or wifey finds
out she's a slug.

I ate a clementine,pissed off a co-worker,and
ignored a customer while repling to this thread.

CG,your right.
:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts