Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, THANK YOU to all our service men and women who protect our great country and allow us the freedom we sometimes take for granted!!! HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!

Now...who's fishing? We're on the fence whether to stay in the bay for rockfish and maybe some togs or make the run and go wreck fishing.

Ed

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
22 years Navy ~ Retired in 2001.......but you KNOW where I will be TOMORRO....... right HERE Ed ! Just put a bushel of fresh BLUE CRABS in the fridge and unloaded 10 dozen EELS outback an hour ago.......I will be brother ! 7 to 7 .......

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is my first reply but I'm taking a couple of buddies from work out to the MMBT Tuesday morning for striper. Leaving out of Richmond at about 0600. I got a Sea Swirl Striper 192 DC with a Johnson 115, with plenty of rods a fish finder and uhf radio. Any advice on bait or better location would be appreciated. Oh yea I was in the Navyy for 6 years, loved it and glad I did it. My thanks to all who serve you have my respect and thanks.

Rick

·
Registered
317 Posts
fishingstone,
you might want to try the HRBT. People have been doing well at the island close to Willoughbys (spelling) and where is gets shallow. If the bay is smooth, you might want to run to the CBBT. People have been doing well with storms, sassy shads, gotcha lures, eels, and live lining spot or trolling bucktails and stretches. Putting in at Lynnhaven to go to the CBBT would be better than making the run (quicker and save gas). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We will be out there also getting a late start but are planing to stay late into the night. give me a shout on 68 FLATLINE.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of course it is blowing now, but I will be out there soon. Thinking of dropping at Kippoteke. I have my eels
spot and crab.
What's going on with the wind:confused:. Supposed to be 5-10 today in the Bay and now they've posted a SCA. Hope it lays down enough to get out later.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
5:15 am ....... 1st islans is North @ 16 knots right now

I will be crossing over the Lesner at 6:45 call me for a live report- 685 4811

1 - 13 of 13 Posts