Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wondering if anyone trying for anything this weekend,seems like Mr.Cobie is scarce around the bar,flounder fishing at the cell has been terrible I understand & friend of mine has been cancelling charters in the upper Rhapp fishing is so bad.
Maybe just eat crabs & drink cold golden beverages !!!!!!

Sharon lea

·
Registered
207 Posts
We will give the cobes one more shot this weekend but I have lost confidence in Windmill. There is an interesting bar/drop-off feature south toward York Spit that I want to try and if that is a bust I may be done until next season, especially since my primary fishing buds/boat-washers are headed back to school. Will report.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got skunked on the Rapp this morning. Put in at Urbana, bounced around in some chop on the way to our best places (buoy 6, and the "PG nook" just east of the bridge). There were a few boats out, and a nice lee, but not a nibble on bloodworm and squid. I want to catch some fish!

Called it quits at noon and elected to have a drink at the Tides while the kids munched on lunch -- in all not a bad day at all.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Alright , looking for some Sunday reports :)
Was it too rough? I still don't fish much on weekends but plan to try some bottom fishing soon! Hoping to read some better reports.
I plan to drown some bloodworms tomorrow looking for a spot or 2.
A friend tried for some cobia Sat. landed several shark before they all got tired of the winds.

·
Registered
207 Posts
We set up this morning with 8 gallons of chum near Wolf Trap. The ride down was not bad but at anchor it was really rocking. In 4 1/2 hours we managed one 35" fish. Its twin tagged along but would not hit an eel thrown near it. One shark, two large rays, and that was that. Will give it one more try Wednesday at YSL if the FC holds. Never been there, have no idea where to go, but presume there will be boats.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Tried LT fishing Sunday above the bridge on the Rapp. Dink striper was the only thing to be found. The river seems darn near devoid of fish. Saw a few guys drifting/trolling for flounder but saw no one catching. In fact, saw very few people fishing in general.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts